Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linework Field to office

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
strimenos
244 Views, 1 Reply

Linework Field to office

I am trying to find the right coding pattern to connect the BL1 line on the extension of the OFF1

The feature i try to survey by using GPS can not be reached... So i try to survey it by using extension. Survey two points on a straight line and then using the X code to extent the line. the problem that occurs is that the BL1 is not connected on the extension but on the actual survey point.

I am using leica viva which has the double distance option but is not that practical or applicable

I attached an image showing the problem

Any ideas

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
IanMcClain
in reply to: strimenos

The problem here is that you can't have the linework codes piggyback on one another: each time you call a linework prefix it ignores any others and uses the actual point location as reference, not the extension of the previous linework prefix.

You needed to use the offset features in you data collection software to get stored point 7 to be where you want the lines to intersect. If elevation is not a concern I would have used the data collector to generated a point 8 that is on line 7-6, 20' from 7 with a code "off1 bl1" and left point 7 as off1. Offsetting a point 20 feet is not good survey practice in general, but I don't think you can make the codes do what you are asking.

Ian McClain

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report