Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linetypes not printing properly

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
jlawrence
17683 Views, 10 Replies

Linetypes not printing properly

A colleague is having an issue where a dashed line which displays properly in model and paper space will print only as a solid line. We have tried "0" and "1" as the PSLTSCALE and MSLTSCALE variables and also have changed the linetype scale itself to no avail. Are we missing another variable somewhere that need to be adjusted?

Thanks for any help  🙂

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Sinc
in reply to: jlawrence

Typical usage is to set MSLTSCALE = 1, PSLTSCALE =1, and LTSCALE = 1 or LTSCALE = 0.5.

Sinc
Message 3 of 11
Sinc

Oh, if it's already displaying correctly in both modelspace and paperspace, then you may need to check the Plot Styles, and make sure the linetypes are set to "Use object linetype".

Sinc
Message 4 of 11
OMCUSNR

This happen in all drawings, or just one?

Homebuilt box: I5-2500k, MSI P67A-GD65, 12gig DDR3 1600 ram, ASUS ENGTX460 Video card, WD Velociraptor WD4500HLHX HD, Win 7 64 pro.
Message 5 of 11
jlawrence

I think just this one drawing, but it's not mine so I'm not sure. I will check out the other solutions--maybe the plot style is wrong.

THANKS!

Message 6 of 11
jlawrence
in reply to: Sinc

We typically have our plot style set so I don't even think to check this. So simple and yet--Voila!!!

Thanks a bunch, this is a good thing to remember.

🙂

Message 7 of 11
OMCUSNR

Ahhh - but how did it get changed in this drawing?

Check your DWT that you start drawings with to make sure it's set properly for all future starts.

Reid

Homebuilt box: I5-2500k, MSI P67A-GD65, 12gig DDR3 1600 ram, ASUS ENGTX460 Video card, WD Velociraptor WD4500HLHX HD, Win 7 64 pro.
Message 8 of 11
jlawrence

Hmmm, not sure, but I think he got the original drawing and plot file from an outside contractor before he started making all the revisions. Yup, definitely something to keep aware of!

Message 9 of 11
khoshravan

I have the same problem.

I use AutoCAD 2010

I want to check my PlotStyles. Where can I do this?

I checked: options|Plot and Publish tab, but Icouldn't find : " linetypes are set to "Use object linetype" "

civil Engineer
Tags (1)
Message 10 of 11
pataylor

I have the opposite issue, my lines are set to be solid but are plotting as dotted lines when I use grayscale. I checked all the previously noted settings and they are all correct, I also have linetypes set to use object linetype. If I use black/white, the lines are solid but are far too thick/dark. Is there a way to get them solid on grayscale?

Message 11 of 11

2020 here - same issue. Believe it to be C3D related.

Try Exploding / outputting to AutoCAD for referencing into your sheets, seems to solve the issue. 

*Yes, this is a work-around, but with SOMANY errors in-built to work around, I don't think there will ever be a proper fix that doesn't require a work-around!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report