Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linetypes and Survey figures - scale issue

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
cbaildon001
1169 Views, 2 Replies

Linetypes and Survey figures - scale issue

Hi guys

I am creating a template for surveying and I have create several linetypes (to be used with survey figures), some of which are supposed to represent real world dimensions, such as culvert diameter or specific dash length of road paint markings. Most other lintypes are for features that I want to appear the same size on paper space no matter what the scale is.

If is set PSLTSCALE to 0 all the real world dimension linetypes are at their proper size but other survey figures can look either to larger or small.

Vis versa if is set PSLTSCALE to 1 the the real world dimension linetypes can be to big or small but all the other survey figures are OK.

Is there any method of being able to have both categories of features look right at the same time, at all scales?

PS Just as I'm typing this I'm thinking of checking to see if the survey figure style can accomplish this but I'm not too hopeful.

Regards

Caleb Baildon
Senior Surveyor
Opus International Consultants Ltd
Wellington, New Zealand
Civil3D 2015 - Windows10
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbaildon001
in reply to: cbaildon001

For the figures that need real world dimension I avoided linetypes altogether and just created 'marker styles' and applied these in the 'figure styles' as additional markers.

Caleb Baildon
Senior Surveyor
Opus International Consultants Ltd
Wellington, New Zealand
Civil3D 2015 - Windows10
Message 3 of 3

This may sound strange, but if you can get a DGN file with some MicroStation likestyles that look like what you want, these can be imported into AutoCAD and will do exactly what you want.

Imported DGN linestyles do not scale when PSLTSCALE and MSLTSCALE is used with annotation scale.

We are currently testing this as a possible standard mode of operation.

As a dual CAD shop, we have access to MicroStation files and workspaces. The linestyles we used came from a local state DOT.

AKA CaddCop

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report