Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linetype will not publish correctly

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1275 Views, 8 Replies

Linetype will not publish correctly

we use a custom treeline for all our drawings and as of late we can not publish this line type. The tree line will plot fine if you plot the individual pages but when you try to publish and plot all the pages as a group, it plots the tree line as a dotted line. Any help would be great. I checked the plot styles and it's set to use object linetype. Like I said though it only seems to have this problem when publishing the drawing

thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
tcorey
in reply to: Anonymous

What if you publish using Sheet Manager? Do you get different results?

Does this linetype cause issues in all drawings or only certain drawings?

Can you publish to a different device or file type (PDF or DWF) and get different results?

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: tcorey

So far this has been an issue in all my drawings and I have tried plotting to PDF and other plotters, it all comes out the same way. Im not sure what you mean when you refer to sheet manager. I am having this issue when I use the Publish comand, which will bring up all my sheets in what appears to me to be a sheet manager but not sure what you are refering to 

thanks

Message 4 of 9
tcorey

Sheet Set Manager is an interface that helps you organize and manage your project sheets. Publishing from Sheet Set Manager sometimes produces better results than publishing with the Publish command.

If you publish more than a few sheets in a set, you might want to read up on it or look it up on YouTube. Here's a good overview of Sheet Set Manager if you have an hour: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7YeFjeN66g.

Good luck in your studies!

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 9
rkmcswain

Does it make any difference it you have this drawing OPEN during the publish vs. having it CLOSED during the publish?

Sounds like a shape file that can't be found.

As a test.....can you change the linetype to a non-complex one (like hidden or dashed) and see if it publishes OK?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Im working on the sheet set idea now thanks for the input. i have never tried publishing while the drawing was closed and anytime i open a drawing it prompts me to locate the shape file so im not sure if that is the issue or not\

thanks

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Ok so sheet set manager did not solve the issue, the line type is still coming in as a doted line instead of the tree line

Message 8 of 9
rkmcswain

@Anonymous wrote:

....... and anytime i open a drawing it prompts me to locate the shape file so im not sure if that is the issue or not\

thanks

That sounds like it. Put the required shape file in your support file search path -or- add its current location to your support file search path.

Publish again.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 9 of 9
david.zavislan

Temporarily disable background publishing.  This will allow you to see any errors that are occurring during the publish command.  You can toggle background publishing in the OPTIONS command.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report