AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Valued Contributor
willpyle7693
Message 1 of 4 (1,287 Views)
Accepted Solution

linetype scales

1287 Views, 3 Replies
03-22-2012 05:27 AM

my linetype scales in model space look good, when i go to paper space to print the linetypes are huge and way out of wack. what is my problem?

Set the linetype scale (LTSCALE) to your drawing scale and in Paper Space set PSLTSCALE to 0.  Make sure you do a RegenAll (REA).

*Expert Elite*
TRogers
Message 2 of 4 (1,286 Views)

Re: linetype scales

03-22-2012 05:57 AM in reply to: willpyle7693

Set the linetype scale (LTSCALE) to your drawing scale and in Paper Space set PSLTSCALE to 0.  Make sure you do a RegenAll (REA).

If the issue was resolved by this method, please click on "Accept As Solution"
*Civil 3DJ*
Todd Rogers

Visit my blog here.

*Expert Elite*
Jeff_M
Message 3 of 4 (1,248 Views)

03-22-2012 08:59 AM in reply to: TRogers

IMHO, a better way is to set PSLTSCALE, LTSCALE, and MSLTSCALE all to 1. Then the scale of the viewport dictates what the linetype looks like...differing scaled VP's will all have the correct linetype displayed.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
Mentor
coopdetat
Message 4 of 4 (1,036 Views)

12-03-2012 12:17 PM in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks for the help.  I could not figure out why my linetypes in model space were huge... its the first time I ever heard of MSLtscale!  I set it to 0 and they look like I expect them to again.

My typical method is to keep everything except annotation and any static info in separate xreferenced files.  (Static info = info that never changes appearance regardless of the sheet layout)  In my scenario there are no paperspace viewports to consider when I am editing the model so I give the model a fixed ltscale and dimscale.  After I moved to C3D 2013 I have been baffled by the unexpected linetype scales.  I haven't worried about it much since they are correct on the sheets which I set up the same as you (except for the unknown MSLtscale).

Thanks to your post I now know about MSLtscale.  I used to enjoy perusing the readme file where the new commands, system variables, etc. were listed.  It is much harder to find this info now (for me anyway).  I give up too soon I guess.

---------------------------------------------Signature--------------------------------------------
Civil Design Professional Since 1983 (Intergraph), AutoCAD since 1989
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit - Service Pack 1
Intel﴾R﴿ Core﴾TM﴿ i7-3820 CPU 3.60GHz; 16 GB DDR3 Dual Channel RAM
nVidia Quadro 4000; AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014, sp1
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.