Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linetype scales

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
willpyle7693
6516 Views, 3 Replies

linetype scales

my linetype scales in model space look good, when i go to paper space to print the linetypes are huge and way out of wack. what is my problem?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Set the linetype scale (LTSCALE) to your drawing scale and in Paper Space set PSLTSCALE to 0.  Make sure you do a RegenAll (REA).

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

IMHO, a better way is to set PSLTSCALE, LTSCALE, and MSLTSCALE all to 1. Then the scale of the viewport dictates what the linetype looks like...differing scaled VP's will all have the correct linetype displayed.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 4
coopdetat
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks for the help.  I could not figure out why my linetypes in model space were huge... its the first time I ever heard of MSLtscale!  I set it to 0 and they look like I expect them to again.

My typical method is to keep everything except annotation and any static info in separate xreferenced files.  (Static info = info that never changes appearance regardless of the sheet layout)  In my scenario there are no paperspace viewports to consider when I am editing the model so I give the model a fixed ltscale and dimscale.  After I moved to C3D 2013 I have been baffled by the unexpected linetype scales.  I haven't worried about it much since they are correct on the sheets which I set up the same as you (except for the unknown MSLtscale).

Thanks to your post I now know about MSLtscale.  I used to enjoy perusing the readme file where the new commands, system variables, etc. were listed.  It is much harder to find this info now (for me anyway).  I give up too soon I guess.

---------------------------------------------Signature--------------------------------------------
Civil Design Professional Since 1983 (Intergraph), AutoCAD since 1989

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Intel﴾R﴿ Core﴾TM﴿ i9-12900KF CPU 3.19GHz; 32 GB DDR4 4266 Dual Channel RAM
nVidia Quadro RTX 4000; AutoCAD Civil 3D 2023.2.1 Update

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report