Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linetype Scale

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
mcloughlin
1140 Views, 10 Replies

Linetype Scale

I have a "fence" linetype. I want all lines in this type to be the same scale, in the case at hand, 0.6. I pick all the lines, and pick "Properties" as in the past, to set their linetype scale (see appended JPG). Linetype scale reads "Varies," but cannot be picked. A little calculator appears when I pick the calculator symbol; I enter .6 into this. Value is not retained; linetype scales do not change. What am I missing?
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
mcloughlin
in reply to: mcloughlin

I don't think that JPG made it into the post. Here it is (I hope; no "review" option seems available to confirm attachment)
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 11
Pointdump

McLoughlin,

I still don't see your JPG. Try using a PNG. Forum seems to like PNG better. Or you could insert the pic into the body of your text. That way you'd know immediately if it "took."

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 4 of 11
rkmcswain

When you have your lines selected, look at the top of the properties dialog, at the drop down control.

Does it say Line (x) -or- does it say All (x) ?
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 11
Jay_B

@mcloughlin wrote:
A little calculator appears when I pick the calculator symbol; I enter .6 into this. Value is not retained; linetype scales do not change. What am I missing?

Just ignore the Calculator.

Replace *Varies* with value what you want the linetype scale to be.

FWIW, There may be those special cases where I would override a linetype scale at the object level like this but 99% of the time I leave this setting to 1 at the object level and let "Annotation Scaling" scale the lines as necessary.

For this to work set these three values in your dwt:

Ltscale = 1

PSltscale=1

MSltscale=1

This way the Viewport or Annotation scale applied scales the lines accordingly and then there's no reason to modify the linetype scale at the object level.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 6 of 11
rkmcswain
in reply to: Jay_B

@Anonymous wrote:

Just ignore the Calculator.

Replace *Varies* with value what you want the linetype scale to be.

I understood this... Linetype scale reads "Varies," but cannot be picked

...to mean that it would not let him type in a new value.

Message 7 of 11
Jay_B
in reply to: rkmcswain

Interesting, seems to work fine here, whether testing various linetype scales of same linetype or selecting multiple linetypes of multiple scale factors.

Having said that I did have to place the cursor on *varies* and manually highlight *varies* to replace with a value.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 8 of 11
rkmcswain

I suspect the OP has something selected *in addition* to lines.

Add a "table" to your selection and see if the linetype scale field is grayed out. It is for me.

I bet there are other entities that do not support a linetype scale which lock out this field in properties - when selected with other entities that do.

celtscale.gif

Message 9 of 11
Jay_B
in reply to: rkmcswain

I agree, If I select for example an Xref in addition to lines that are actually in the current dwg then yes the linetype scale is greyed out and I'm only able to select the calculator.

Great Catch!

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 10 of 11
doni49

One (or more) of the lines could be on a LOCKED layer too.  If the layer is locked, the element can't be changed in any way.  That would cause this too.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 11 of 11
rkmcswain
in reply to: doni49

@doni49 wrote:

One (or more) of the lines could be on a LOCKED layer too.  If the layer is locked, the element can't be changed in any way.  That would cause this too.

Not for me in 2013. With objects on locked layers in my selection, I can still change various properties, and it performs the edits on the unlocked objects and then says this:

locked2.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report