Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linetype problem

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
akbarg
447 Views, 9 Replies

Linetype problem

I got these two files from a client along with indentical custom line types. The strange thing is that the lines show allright in one of them (OK), but not in another (NOTOK)! I tried every possible System Variable but nothing works! Can anyone find the problem?

I tried:

Measurement

Measureinit

Ltscale

Celtscale

Units

Fillmode

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
SurveyorLee
in reply to: akbarg

no one else has responded, so I will take a stab.  I have not looked at your files, but be sure you have the

msltscale set the same for both and the psltscale

then you will need to look at the actual linetype file to see what is different.  Something has to be.

Surveyor Lee

Message 3 of 10
akbarg
in reply to: SurveyorLee

Thanks!

I've been using AutoCAD for about 8 years and still learning about all of these System Variables!
I'm sure I cleared all variables that connect to the line type even msltscale.
This problem should be related to something other than line type, but it indirectly affects how things show on screen!

I await more responses!

Have a good day!

Message 4 of 10
Neilw_05

Are you receiving any error messages regarding missing .shx files when opening the drawings?

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 5 of 10
rkmcswain
in reply to: Neilw_05

@Neilw wrote:

Are you receiving any error messages regarding missing .shx files when opening the drawings?

OP: Be aware that it's possible that these warnings/errors are being suppressed.

Options>System>Hidden Message Settings

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 6 of 10
Neilw_05

Here is what I suspect has happened. When I open the NOTOK.dwg in Microstation, I receive warnings about missing Architectural Desktop 2007 and Civil 3D object enablers. This tells me the drawing has been modified by an Autocad application after it was converted from Microstation. If so then likely the linetypes got changed when the drawing was modified.

When I compare OK with NOTOK, the lintypes between the 2 drawing are not identical. There seems to be a scaling problem with the linetypes in NOTOK. I think you'll need to investigate the history of the NOTOK file.

I should qualify this by noting that I had to use DWGTRUE convert to convert the files to ACAD 2007 format so I could open them in my version of Microstation. I don't know if that process caused the object enabler warnings, but I doubt it.

WIN 10 64 PRO

Message 7 of 10
Neilw_05

Hold the phone,

I just noticed that when I open OK I get the missing OE warnings also (Microstation doesn't present a waring dialogue so I missed seeing it in the message center). Still there are some additional messages in NOTOK that make me suspect something has happened to make it differ from OK.

WIN 10 64 PRO

Message 8 of 10
Joe-Bouza

When I open the drawings I get a "Drawing file not created by authorized Autodesk product... bla bla bla.

I cant help but think this has something to do with the problem

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 9 of 10
Neilw_05
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Joe,

Noting the names of the .shx files included in the dataset I'm sure the files were created in and/or exported from Microstation. That still does not account for the difference between the 2 files.

WIN 10 64 PRO

Message 10 of 10
Joe-Bouza

Yeah, but is it possible the shx files are faulty due to their creation?

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report