Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linetype Not as Shown in Model Space

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
8817 Views, 6 Replies

Linetype Not as Shown in Model Space

I think this is a common problem but I cannot seem to find the correct solution.

I have a SC2014 3d template set up where the scale is set to 1:30.

I am creating reference drawings of the water lines, electrics lines, etc in a small town.  I have created custom linetype in the ACADISO.lin file by comying the GASLINE descirption, changing 'GAS' to 'W' or whatever is appropriate.

When I am in model view, the 'W' shows up fine, but, when I go to a tab to print the plan, the line is a continuous line; no 'W' is showing.

I cannot figure out what settings I have wrong...

I would like to know how to correct this and why it does this so I can avoid the problem in the future...

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jay_B
in reply to: Anonymous

Sounds like a linetype scaling issue.

In all drawings set:
MSLTSCALE=1
PSLTSCALE=1
LTSCALE=1

Setting the Annotation Scale in Model Space and the Viewport scale as desired will control the Linetype scaling.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Thank you...that sorta helped.  I did have to change one of the settings to '1'.  Now, in the model tab, the 'W' is VERY large and only a few show, and when I go the printing tab and look at the view port, the 'W' does not show.

BUT, if I select a line and change the linetype scale to 0.1, it looks fine.

SO, is the solution to set the LTSCALE to 0.1 in the drawing???

Message 4 of 7
Jay_B

No, check the text height set within the .lin file and correct it here.
IMO avoid changing the Ltscale to anything other than 1 and let the Annotation Scaling do the scaling for you.

From what you're saying, I'm going to guess the height is around 1.0, try around 0.10, and reload the linetype.
Think of the text heights within the linetype file the same as the paper space or layout text height you want.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 5 of 7
Jay_B

Another possibility is you may have a text height specified in the Text Style used for the W linetype.
If so change the height to zero here.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 6 of 7
Jay_B

BTW, If your working in Imperial units use the Acad.lin as starting point instead of Acadiso.lin.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 7 of 7
SurveyorLee

Be sure the MSLTSCALE is set to 1

This is Model Space scale.

If not, the lines will display as if the scale is 1:1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report