Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linetype from Microstation

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
bnesja
528 Views, 1 Reply

Linetype from Microstation

I am working with a drawing that has linetypes imported from Microstation. They are basic dashed linetypes with varied dash/gap distances; nothing fancy. My issue is that the last dash displays stretched out longer than the rest but when plotted it does not. It will actually plot the line with a gap at the end but will not display it that way. It is not as much of an issue as much as it is intriguing. I am curious as to why this would happen so I could intentionally reproduce these results.

When I use a linout lisp it produces a .lin as follows:

A,25,-75,25,75

I know that this basic text string would not create a linetype as advanced as this linetype seems to be. Any suggestions?

The attached IMAGE is a screenshot of the line in question (circled in red)

The attached PDF is how it actually plots

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rkmcswain
in reply to: bnesja

Since some MS linetypes can't be represented by AutoCAD, they had to come up with a different way of doing it other than the traditional linetype definition. To the best of my knowledge they do it with anonymous blocks, data stored in dictionaries, etc. - which one day became a problem and let to the DGN linetype bloat problem, which has since been fixed.

More info: http://bit.ly/11QUiOz
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report