Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lines show up as foggy grey but don't have that property

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
featho
2927 Views, 10 Replies

Lines show up as foggy grey but don't have that property

The above sums it all up. Note the properties are NOT GREY they are what they are supposed to be.

The file was created in version 2012 by another designer now it is being completed in 2013 by myself.

I can do a quick fix by creating a wblock of the problem lines and text etc to enable a print out without the GREYING

problem but once the drawing is closed and opened once again the drawing has GREYED whatever is in model space again.  (note that xrefed lines etc are fine)

Please help me fix this.

Regards

Carla Featherstone

Ps I have attached the problem file with all the xrefs and jaz unattached/taken off etc

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: featho

dumb question but I'll ask it.

I dont have cad handy but in the plot settings is "display plot styles" checked?

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 3 of 11
Jeff_M

I don't know what causes this, or how to correct it, but the 2d Wireframe Visual Style is messed up. Chnage to any other visual style and the linework shows correctly, change it back the the 2d wireframe and it gets hosed. You can work around it by inserting the drawing into a new drawing, then use Design Center to bring in the layouts.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 11
featho
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

No it isn't checked

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 5 of 11
featho
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks Jeff I'm pretty sure that inserting into another drawing doesn't work too. That was interesting about the wireframe. Not sure what to do still Thanks for your time Carla

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 6 of 11
Jeff_M

Carla, I tested the inserting to another drawing, using your drawing, and did work for me. Perhaps your template has the same issue? Could you try with a different dwt?

EESignature
Message 7 of 11
featho

So you inserted a wblock into another drawing? Is that right? I will give that a go now to check it Talk soon

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 8 of 11
Jeff_M

I just started a new drawing, then used INSERT to insert your entire drawing into the new one.

EESignature
Message 9 of 11
bobwesterman

I just read this post about an hour ago:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/text-and-line-work-in-model-space-turns-gray-when-I-r...

Sound about the same to me.

Message 10 of 11
Jeff_M
in reply to: bobwesterman

Sure enough. It's late Friday afternoon and I can say I learned something today! Smiley Happy

EESignature
Message 11 of 11
featho

I checked out the old post and this worked for me too YAY Thanks HEAPS for that 🙂 FEATHO

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report