Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lines not printing behind screen

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
asloat
284 Views, 5 Replies

Lines not printing behind screen

Has anyone seen this before and possibly know a solution?

I have a drawing with a screen and behind it is an xref drawing. When I print it to our KIP plotter the lines and other items behind the screen do not plot.

Here is how it is setup and what I have tried

The Xref itself is on its own layer and all the layers of the xref are set to a color that has thickness of .0138 and a 35% screen.

The hatch resides in the active drawing and is set to a color that is also .0138 thick but at a 20% screen.

The hatch is a DOT hatch at scale 1, but I have also tried it as a solid hatch

Lines merge is on and needs to be on.

I have made sure that the hatch is sent to the back and that there is no overlapping of data from other sources liek a second hatch or the same data in another xref etc.

I also tried setting the xref layers to another color that is .0256 thick with a 35% screen, but the results where the same. If i change the xref layers to a .0138 thick color with 100% screen, they do print over the hatch then.

I have also found that if I use the same plotter but with a post script drive, it does work as setup, though that creates other issues that are not ideal.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: asloat

In the plotter settings, do you have it set to Lines Overwrite, or Lines Merge?

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 6
asloat
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

We use "lines merge" for a variety of reasons, though I need to toggle it on each time I plot as we are not currently using PC3s.
Message 4 of 6
ToddRogers-WPM

You might want to try Lines Overwrite.  See if that works...

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 5 of 6
asloat
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Lines overwrite is not an option for my company.
Message 6 of 6
g.diazfonseca

There is not much different between 20% and 35% screen. Try using a 40% or 50% instead, also if the hatch is in his on layer assign a transparency value to it (that may help, but turn on transparency on the plot settings)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report