Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LINE WORKS

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
NazareneArpilleda
253 Views, 2 Replies

LINE WORKS

Hello guys!

I need help on my line work codings, i tried using the default line work code but some times I'm getting straight lines on curves and circles. I attached photos of my figures which I'm having problem with. Do I need to add some more details? What would be the right linework code to be utilzed.

CIRCEL.jpg       

ISLAND.jpg        

PARKING.jpg

This is my symbol for Gate. If i make this as Block, how can i insert this symbol in my drawing automatically. I have two deatils for each entrace, I usually use the code ENT_B (begin) ENT_E (end).

ENT.jpg

Waiting for your answers.

Best regards,

Nazarene

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

First regarding the linework:

With regards to the circle, you can do that with 3 shots and the CIR linework code. You can also do that with a single shot and a size. Check the help in linework codes.

For the curb islands, it's a little tricky, it's best to start with a tangent and not at a curve, taking two shots on a tangent and letting the C3D compute the radius on a single shot curve using the OC works well, and then using the OC for the reverse curve also should obtain the desired affects. Sometimes no matter how you code it, things will still not come out as expected so, just be aware of that, but these can be edited through the survey linework properties, and you may end up deleting survey figure entirely and then adding them back. It really depends on the situation.

As far as the gate goes, that might be a little more difficult, you could insert the block with a single shot using a point code and description keys to insert the block and scale dynamically, but that will not get you to ends or you could set up a custom linetype to acheive you goal with the 2 shots. It's really going to depend on what level of detail you really need. I would say that the single shot method with the symbol would be your easiest approach. and just letting the fence linework run through the symble would get you were you need to be. Another option might be to set up a survey figure lable style with the block that you could dynamically drag into place. Again this all depends on your level of detail, do I really need the to shots on the end to tell me there's a gate when the road runs through the fence...

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3

With regards to the circle, it is not posible to take only 3 details because our client need those elevations on the other side of it, thats why i can not use the code CIR... I found out how can i make it perfect circle... I use the code OC for all points and copy the first detail and make it as my last detail, no need mo make CLS code, so i have same coordinates same elevation but different point ID.  

My islands now is okay...

For the gate symbol, it is not possible to take only 1 detail, we need the 2 details because we need the width... one of my friend is using SDR, in there they can make this things. I will try to create custom line type but how about the line type scale i need to change it from time to time, I will check what i can do.

Thanks Sir rl_jackson, for the ideas... 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report