Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Type will not display

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
meganbell
75963 Views, 17 Replies

Line Type will not display

I'm having trouble with the line type dissappearing or showing as Continuous when I print. It also does not appear to be the same size on different lines, even though the type, scale etc. are all the same.

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: meganbell

Does the line have an elevation to it?  Are you plotting from a layout?

If it has elevation to it, it will be skewed and look like a continuous line in some areas.

If it's from a layout, change your PSLTSCALE to 0.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 18
albionpjl
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

I am having this exact same problem and changing PSLTSCALE  has not solved it.

My drawing (in model space) has a series of lines across it with different colours and linetypes, but on my layout the lines are all continuous and that is how they print out.

I have ltscale set to 1000.

In drawing settings the units are set to metres and the custom scale is 1:1 (If that is important). Layout scale is 1 paper mm to 4 drawing metres.

Other info:- the polylines are part of a block.

I really need the linetypes to show in the print because I ran out of colours to use and those same colours (with continuous lines) have keyed to other things.

I rarely use layouts and maybe there is something simple I have overlooked but I can't find it.

Any suggestions?

ps I can't upload the entire file, partly because it's huge and partly because some of the content is confidential, however the particular block is not confidential so I have deleted and purged everything else and attached just the block. All settings remain inchanged.

Message 4 of 18
wfberry
in reply to: albionpjl

Set LTSCALE = 1

Set PSLTSCALE = 1

works for the linetype.

Bill

Message 5 of 18
albionpjl
in reply to: wfberry

Thank you very much Bill.

I KNEW it was something to do with the different scalings of the model and the layout, but couldn't figure it out.

That worked nicely. The linetypes in the model space are now solid, but that doesn't matter so long as the layout is right..

Thanks again.

regards,

PJ

Message 6 of 18
rkmcswain

@albionpjl wrote:

The linetypes in the model space are now solid....

A couple of options to fix this.

(1) Set LTSCALE ≈ Drawing scale, and PSLTSCALE = 0 (unless you have multiple viewports in your layout with varying scales)

(2) Set MSLTSCALE = 1 and make sure your Annotation Scale it set correctly.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 7 of 18
albionpjl
in reply to: rkmcswain

Thanks, but the first one doesn't alter anything at all, and I have no idea what to do with annotation scale because I don't use it. Don't know what it currently is or how to alter it.

Drawing scale is 1, Ltscale is 1, and changing psltscale between 1 and zero makes no discernable difference. Msltscale is also 1.

Doesn't really matter because the layout prints fine now.

Message 8 of 18
ToddRogers-WPM

These won't make a difference unless you REGEN or REA (regen all).

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 9 of 18
albionpjl

Nope, doesn't make any difference. Thanks for trying anyway.

Message 10 of 18
rkmcswain

@albionpjl wrote:

Thanks, but the first one doesn't alter anything at all.... 

Probably because MSLTSCALE = 1

....and I have no idea what to do with annotation scale because I don't use it. Don't know what it currently is or how to alter it.   Drawing scale is 1, Ltscale is 1, and changing psltscale between 1 and zero makes no discernable difference. Msltscale is also 1.

If you don't know what your annotation scale is or how to change it, then you should probably set MSLTSCALE to 0. When itis set to 1, the linetypes are being scaled by the current annotation scale.  

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 11 of 18
albionpjl
in reply to: rkmcswain

Aha, that worked. Thank you.

I also found the annotation scale, which is at 1:1.

With LTSCALE at 1, PSLTSCALE at 0 and MSLTSCALE at 0, the linetypes are displaying in both model and layout.

Thanks again.

regards,

PJ

Message 12 of 18
majdi.ahamd

i changed the lineweight and it worked 🙂

Message 13 of 18
Joe-Bouza

Is this situations  solution elevation or psltscale or both? 

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 14 of 18
rosenworcel33

For the record, I just found another possible solution for people with this problem.  My linetype (a water main) has been showing up fine in both model space and paper space (with psltscale=1, msltscale=0, ltscale=1), but it wouldn't plot.  I spent a very long time messing with linetype scale, paper space scale, model space scale, etc.  Then I changed the color from blue to white, and it works fine.  I don't understand why, but that's what worked for me.

...  I'm aware that this is an old topic, I just wanted to get the info out there where someone with this issue might come across it.

Message 15 of 18
vipinnk322

Re: Line Type will not display 😆

With LTSCALE at 1, PSLTSCALE at 0 and MSLTSCALE at 0, the linetypes are displaying in both model and layout.Thanks Mr.PJ
regards,
vipin

Message 16 of 18
m.aadrish

Thank you soooo much for helping out here. I have been facing this problem for a while and now its solved. Thanks again

Message 17 of 18
carlaLQTZ6

Thanks this fixed my issues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 18 of 18
natasyagarnanda

Hello, I'm using autocad 2019 and face the same problem with you. I already did all the suggestions on the replies below (all those scales) and couldn't find any difference..  (thank you for all those replies! maybe I'm the one who didn't fully understand tho) Until I realize that I've been changing the linetype scale on mo (properties) before, and when I go to plot, it looks like continuous. If your case is same like me, you must change the linetype scale back to its original number or smaller when you do the plotting (so do this in plot). The linetype will change as the way you want it to be when printing.

Linetype scale= click the lines you want to change, then type mo (properties), change the linetype scale number.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report