Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line labels not showing up in drawing model space?!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2448 Views, 5 Replies

Line labels not showing up in drawing model space?!

I feel foolish here - but I have a new project drawing and I need to add bearings and distances to my property lines. All of my label styles are set up. When I click on a line nothing shows up in the drawing. I've been trying to label the same line for several hours now and have given up looking for a reason the labels are not showing up. All the layers are on in the drawing as well. This has never happened to me before...

Current Version C3D 2011

Win 7 64

Been using AutoCad since 1985.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dsigman
in reply to: Anonymous

For some reason the default layer for line labels is layer 0. Make sure you have layer 0 thawed. I still haven't figured out how to make it put them on a text layer. I have to create a selection set and do it by hand.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: dsigman

All the layers are on and thawed, so they are not hiding anywhere in a layer as far as I can tell.

Message 4 of 6
wfberry

Probably your quickest fix is to either post the drawing or a portion of the drawing if it has the same problem.

Bill

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: dsigman

I just changed the visual style under MISC in Properties to Hidden and the line tables showed up along with the tag labels. I made the tables thinking that the labels were somehow being inserted as tags. OK, so now I have found this new toggle, so now I need to figure out why my labels are being inserted as tags...

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

OK - I figured out where the switch is to set the style from Tag to Label. I would like to find out what the Visual Style has to do with my labels though if anyone knows. The only reason this would be a factor in one of my drawings is because I have a TIN in there.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report