Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line labels change display modes

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
DSpillman
221 Views, 2 Replies

Line labels change display modes

I have had multiple drawings where after inserting basic line labels for bearing and distance of a line, the line label will disppear.  The original Line Lable Style is set for the Display Mode to be Label.  After the labels dissappear the Line Label Style is changed Tag Mode.  I know the setting isn't getting changed by a person, but it is changing automatically after labeling, closing and then reopening the drawing.  I am wondering why it continues to change.  Although the fix is simple and I know what to look for now, it is still frustrating that it keeps changing.

Thanks in advance for any info as to why this is happening.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
almas.suljevic
in reply to: DSpillman

What version of Civil 3D are you running? Do you know if these troubled drawings were created by the same template? The reason I’m asking is that it appears there may be some form of corruption in these drawings. See if you can use WBLOCK and then insert this drawing in another clean template. That may fix the issue.

Message 3 of 3
DSpillman
in reply to: almas.suljevic

I am using 2013.  

That is more than likely the issue, the drawings were originally created in LDD 2008 and then opened in C3D and revisions were made using C3D.  Next time the problem arises, I will try to block everything out into a new drawing.  

Thanks. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report