Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

line labeling

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jsauler
289 Views, 7 Replies

line labeling

Good day folks, It has been a while since I have been on here but I have something that has been stumping me and I even asked @autodeskhelp on Twitter and they couldn't find anything. Here is what I want to do. 

I want to label a breakline, BUT, I want to reference the info, ie., bearing & distance of the original or shall I say hidden line that the breakline is representing. I want to do this so I don't have to edit the label. I just want to remove that step and take the human error out of the equation. Or shall I say "some" of the human error.

What say you?

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
BrianHailey
in reply to: jsauler

I'm not sure I understand. Civil 3D doesn't have "breaklines". It has featurelines, polylines, survey figures, parcel segments, 3D polylines, etc. that a surface can then use as a breakline but you can't label a breakline.

All of the mentioned objects can be labeld in Civil 3D and, at the same time, be used as a breakline in a surface.

Perhaps we just have a terminolgy issue and what you are referring to as a breakline is something other then what I think of as a breakline.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 8
jsauler
in reply to: BrianHailey

Sorry about not being clear on this. I was not referring to a surface breakline. I was referring to a break-line. Here is an example of what I want to do.

Message 4 of 8
randcdavidson

Annotate the line that you need information from and then drag the label over the the breakline. Make sure that the style of the label has the leader turned off.

Message 5 of 8
saross622

When I have labeled these lines in the past, the Label is in Model Space on the line drawn to its full length. Then in Paper Space I either draw line work of the tie-in point or create a small vport of the tie-in. Then draw the break symbol in Paper Space between the 2 vports, sometimes when space is a premium I add a wipeout under the symbol to show the proper symbol.

Scott
Message 6 of 8
caddie99

2 viewports with nonplot borders and the squiggle mark (in paper space) is the method I use

also

you could draw the full line in a non plot color, label it and send it behind your break line

Message 7 of 8
jsauler
in reply to: randcdavidson

But what do you do if the label is not on a horizontal plane? The dragged label always rotates to 0°. How do you keep it the same rotation as the original label?

Message 8 of 8
saross622

When the label is on the line you should see a double arrow grip when you click on the text, this should let you move the text along the line and not have the justification change.

But if you need it be dragged off the line, under the "Dragged State" tab you can change the Display setting to As Composed. Now the text should maintain the same orientation as set in the "Layout" tab.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report