Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Label Tags: Will display when line entity is frozen?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
281 Views, 3 Replies

Line Label Tags: Will display when line entity is frozen?

Is it true that a line Label (a line tag, for instance) will not display unless the entity that it is attached to is displayed (not frozen or off)?

I know that you cannot create a tag by picking pts, you have to pick a line. But I have many tags (containing bearing and distance) that I need to display to different pts along a line, all measured from the same pt.

I thought I had this solved by drawing the necessay lines (all overlapping) and freezing their layer, but that apparently freezes the label as well.

I could make that layer not plottable, but I would still have to look at that layer.

Any better ideas on how to have the labels display but not the lines, or a better method for what I want to accomplish?

Thanks,

Steve (using C3d 2010, no SP)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: Anonymous

Give that non-Plottable layer a color which isn't very visible. Not the most ideal way to work with it, but it's what I've been using.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks Jeff, good idea, or I may just make some fake tags(i.e. text saying L152) and only thaw the real Tag when it's "table time".

Thanks,

Steve

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I also use a line type with a plotted out light line, but I make the linty something like DOTX2 and then even take the LTScale for the style to like 2x. That way, I can pick the line if I need to, but also doesn't mess too much with my visual display of what I want the drawing to look like.

My .02

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report