Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line label styles...

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
hkaplan1227
494 Views, 6 Replies

Line label styles...

I just wanted to mention. We are upgrading from LDD2008 to Civil3D 2013. Instead of little steps, its going to be big steps. I'm working on a Civil3D template

I'm setting up line and curve label style. Oringally we where going to have one set of line label style. Ex. Bearing Above or Bearing Below. After seeing that the line labels does not look at the current text style we decided to make copies of the original label styles based on Text Styles.So now I have Bearing Above60, Bearing Above100, etc. I named them based on the Leroy styles and sizes.

After editing each one and changing the Text Style each one looks at, it is not using the Texting Style i assign it. I'm doing this in the General Tab and Text Style for each label style.

i guess I should have tested before creating all them to find out it didnt work.

Does it need to be done somewhere else or is do I have to do something with the overall label style overrides?

Any help would be appreciated.

Howard Kaplan, Civil3D 2014
Dell Optiplex 9010
Intel I-7 3770 CPU @ 3.4 Ghz
16 gb RAM, 64 bit

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
hkaplan1227
in reply to: hkaplan1227

I played around alittle with this since I posted the question. It sees the Text style I assign to it, if I create them from scratch. I've created probably over 30 line stlyes and I do not want to have to create them all over again.

What am I missing?

Dell Optiplex 9010
16 gb RAM, 64 bit

Message 3 of 7
IanMcClain

Civil 3D labels only pull the font from the style. Each text component has its own height value.
Ian McClain
Message 4 of 7
rl_jackson

That's a pretty big jump if you have not had any formal training, you might want to consider starting with the NCS - Imperial Template first to see how things are set up then go from there, with your own template. Civil 3D is completely different it a lot of ways from land desktop. You might also what to consider going to au.autodesk.com and look at past classes labels and how they react.

Now that being said you will only need 1 label (say Bearing and Distance above) for each text height or style, as this can be flipped to be below the line.

I generally call it Bearing and Distance, and don't distinguish between above or below, since I can flip it anyway. I just worry about text type, as I only use about 3 heights for labels. One for as measured (Bold), one for record info and another for small labels (L60) for building dimensions and other less important things.

There's a lot of other things that can be done with labels as well, like labels for curb lines and basis of bearing and other such things that are quite reparative, as you use it more you'll see where things like this will come in use.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
Joe-Bouza

On the layout tab of the style composer you assigne the height ( a predfined style does no determine heigh). You should not have to redo anything. Go back and edit the heights the default NCS template is L100

Your Name
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
hkaplan1227
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Thanks for the input everyone. We did go for formal training and I'm seeing that Civil3d is a whole nother Animal.

I started out by copying the standard template and I'm now editing it

When we went over creating labels they got more into how to edit the content.

So, adding the style only looks at the font, not the height. i have to edit the height under the layout tab.

Thanks Again 

Dell Optiplex 9010
16 gb RAM, 64 bit

Message 7 of 7
Joe-Bouza

Keep that height thing in your mind when you start using your standard blocks in styles

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report