Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Label issue

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
sshea
355 Views, 6 Replies

Line Label issue

I have created six different line labels to show different information in parts of a drawing. They are  all on layer BNDY-TXT layer which was used when labeling. They all indicate the appropriate the appropriate Component Name is VISIBLE and display in model space. However only some of the labels display in paper space and others don't, even though they are all on the same layer Is there a setting in need to change.

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
IanMcClain
in reply to: sshea

Are the objects being labled thawed? I recentley discovered if you label a line, then freeze the line the label will disappear, even if it is on another unfrozen layer.

Ian McClain
Message 3 of 7
jmayo-EE
in reply to: IanMcClain

If this is the case set the layer to no-plot instead of using vpfreeze.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
sshea

Thank you for the idea, however the line (on layer Defpoints, label on BNDY-TXT) is on in the viewport and still does not show. Other labels which include both direction and distance display in the paper space view port. The missing label is the distance along the short segment along the northerly boundary line (top of snipit) as the bearing and overall distance are display for the total length. Do you have any other ideas. Thanks in advance. [cid:image001.png@01CD6E4C.F26CD140] Steven Shea Civil/Site Engineering, Inc. 815 Orienta Avenue Suite 1060 Altamonte Springs, FL 32701 T: 407.644.6570 F: 407.644.8945 C: 321.277.0836
Message 5 of 7
IanMcClain

Yes, try moving the line off of the defpoints layer. That layer behaves funny, and I've heard it acts as though it is frozen even when it isn't. I've always avoided using the defpionts layer because of issues like these.

Ian McClain
Message 6 of 7
MarySeufert

@Anonymous wrote:
 the line (on layer Defpoints, label on BNDY-TXT) is on in the viewport and still does not show.

Since the line is on Defpoints, also check layer '0'. Best practice is to not use Defpoints, but instead use a layer set to not plot.

~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 7 of 7
sshea

Thanks for your assistance I believe the problem is solved by changing the label association line to a different layer and then freezing in plot configuration.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report