Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Label delay C3D2011

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
JWOLLENBERG
305 Views, 7 Replies

Line Label delay C3D2011

When I select a line label, the machine lags for 30sec upto 4 min at times.  However when I select multiple objects I can grip edit the line label as long as I don't try to isolate the line label.  If I select the line label in the properties dialog the delay happens again.  I doesn't happen all the time just in certain drawings.  Any suggestions to why this is happening or a remedy would be much appreciated.

Justin

Win7 64

C3D2011 & 2009

Xeon W3530 @ 2.8GHz

9GB RAM

NVIDIA Quadro FX1800

Dual Displays

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Close the Properties dialog box.  Evertime you pick an entity with the Properties dialog box open, it has to think and populate all the properties.

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 8
JWOLLENBERG
in reply to: JWOLLENBERG

Is that all?  I will give it a try, thanks.  I like to use the properties box to change styles but if that will solve my issue I will use another method.

Message 4 of 8
AllenJessup

Use Ctrl + 1 to toggle the Properties box on and off. That way you can still use it and quickly close it when you don't need it.  You can also try selecting the Line Label with the box closed then Right Clicking and selecting Properties off the menu. See if that works faster.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
JWOLLENBERG

The properties box is what is causing the lag.  It is still wierd that it only happens on the line labels.  Alignment labels, suface labels, etc. don't have the same problem.  The problem doesn't show up in all drawings just some.  Since we use both 2009 and 2011, I'd bet that some C3D entities from 2009 made their way into the 2011 drawings that "hang up".  We do try to keep them separate but it happens.

Thanks again for the help. 

Message 6 of 8

The reason for it does this for line labels is because the extent of the properties that it has to populate.  Another culprit for lag is dimensions.

Todd Rogers
Message 7 of 8

I get your reason but it is literally minutes when it happens and it doesn't always happen.  I have had times when in a drawing it will happen then a little later it won't hang up again.

To be fair we have some network issues that need resolved too that affect the performance of my machine.  I have moved whole projects to my local machine and disconnected my cable just to get something done at times.

Message 8 of 8
AllenJessup

Next time you have a chance. Update your video drivers and see if it's still a problem. I don't have a lag in 2011 and I keep the Properties box open all the time. I have for many releases.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report