Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line/Curve Label dragged state offset option

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tomw
1134 Views, 4 Replies

Line/Curve Label dragged state offset option

We have recently switched from 2006LDD to 2014C3D and I'm running into trouble as you probably did at one point. Here's the issue I am trying to resolve today:

When dragging a line or curve label, the leader attaches to said line/curve. I can slide the leader along, but can't pull it off the feature. When we plot we lose the point of the arrowhead if the feature has a thick lineweight, such as a boundary line.  Some of our heaviest lineweights will cover nearly half an arrowhead.  I've seen plenty of posts here and elsewhere with folks wanting to remove the gap from a point label; but I want to add a gap to a feature label. 

Option one: explode labels and manipuilate as I desire.

Option two: redefine an arrowhead style I don't use much to use an offset arrowhead (currently the option I use)

Is there another way? I like the dragged labels. They seem to act much like a standard leader, but there is no option for a custom arrowhead. I've played around with anchor points, x,y offsets, etc. but they only seem to apply to non dragged state labels. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tcorey
in reply to: tomw

You could create a label style that looks like a dragged state label.

You're new to c3d, so you might not have seen it yet, but you can add lines and blocks as component within your label styles.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 5
Jeff_M

Option 1, imho, is not an option.

Option 2, haven't tried it.

Option 3, use a style that does not display the leader and manually add your own leader. This keeps the label dynamic.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 5
tomw

Thank you both for your replies. I have not used any of the line or block features in my label styles so I will be playing around more with that. Also, I hadn't thought of turning off leader visibility and manually placing my own.  Both good suggestions, correct me if I'm wrong though, but in both of those scenarios you're left with a static leader. You can't move the label around with a leader attached. Unless I'm missing something that seems to be the case. For now I'm going to stick with redefining one of the default arrow head blocks. In my case I'm using Datum Triangle Filled since no one here uses that. Any suggestions on the least used arrow head style accross all industries? 

Message 5 of 5
tcorey

Yes, in my solution the leader is static other than that the entire label can drag along the line. This is certainly not an ideal solution, but is does allow you to place an arrowhead that doesn't touch the line, without having to place an additional leader object.

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report