Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line command automatically takes last coordinate for start point

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
jmayo-EE
887 Views, 8 Replies

Line command automatically takes last coordinate for start point

Hello all,

I have an install of Civil 3D 2013 that will not behave when issueing the line command. If we issue the line command we are prompted for a start point. If we click any point on screen the command will ignore the cursor input and start the line command at the last coordinate. I know this is normal behaivor if we just hit enter when prompted for a start point but this is not happening. We are picking a coordinate on-screen and it is being ignored. 

pickfirst = 1

pickadd = 2

John Mayo

EESignature

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
doni49
in reply to: jmayo-EE

John,

Try typing .line - including the period before the command.  My first thought is that the line command has somehow been undefined/redefined (maybe by some prankster in your office).  This is the simplest way to confirm/deny that as putting the period before the command name tells acad to use the OOTB command NOT a redefined version (if there is one).

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 9
jmayo-EE
in reply to: doni49

Same result...

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 9
rkmcswain

When you are prompted for the first point, enter a coordinate value (such as 5000,5000) instead of picking. Any different?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 9
jmayo-EE
in reply to: rkmcswain

Thanks for chiming in guys.

Typing a coordinate worked...got me thinking that enter was being hit automatically. Now I was think mouse buttons, did a single click get changed to a double click? I looked at the mouse. It has two custom buttons on the side. I think the user hit one of the custom mouse buttons. I clicked a few of them and it sems to work now.

Dang mice.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
jmayo-EE

Ok. Wrong solution above. THat did not fix it but when I asked the user what they were doing before tey said pipe networks...

The Edit Pipe Network Toolbar was open. Closed the toolbar and all is good.

The Edit Pipe Networks toolbar was overiding the commands

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
jmayo-EE

Editor's note to Discusion Admin.

This may be better moved to the Civil 3D forum based on the solution.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
rkmcswain

jmayo wrote:

Editor's note to Discusion Admin.

This may be better moved to the Civil 3D forum based on the solution.

You might have to tag him/her  @Discussion_Admin 

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 9 of 9
jmayo-EE
in reply to: rkmcswain

Sent him/her a msg...

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report