Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lighting Software

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
AKSBrettHartley
1677 Views, 4 Replies

Lighting Software

Hello all,

What are people using for street lighting design?  Usally we have farmed it out to lighting contractors, but that is not ideal anymore.  I've looked at Autolux and AGi32; I don't feel super confident about either choice, except that Autolux runs through cad, which I prefer.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Rand Waltz

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

The last place I worked could only afford GE Alladin (Free).  If you can find it for download it will get the job done, without fancy graphics.  My concern with it would be if it can properly simulate photometrics for the new LED cobra heads with their different dispersion areas even if you gave it the IES file.

On the other side I have heard good reports from people I know that use AGI32.

I rarely have time to post. If what I post helps please use Accept as Solution / Like when appropriate.

Check out my Civil 3d blog at: http://c3dk.com/
Message 3 of 5

I can highly recommend Autolux. I used it extensively at a former place of employment. I found it relatively easy to learn and a pleasure to use. It does come with a good tutorial which helps you learn the menus. Best of all, there is no need to go through the chore of importing / exporting dxf files.

Message 4 of 5

Yeah, that's the one I'm leaning towards.  I called them up to ask some questions (before starting this post) and they said I should call this guy who actually designed the software; all they do is take the credit card.  Also, looking at the install directions, there's a lot of CUI work; did you have to do this? I dread working on the CUI; too many bad experiences.  Anyway, that's why I'm hesitant.

Many thanks to you and brian.strandberg for your input; I appreciate it.

Rand Waltz

Message 5 of 5

Hey, Rand. My recollection is that we used a simple "menuload" command to load the Autolux menus. It wasn't really elegant but we had some technical issues getting the server to find the licenses, initially. The IT folks eventually set up the menu system with a tutorial supplied with the software. Apparently, it was a step by step thing that was put together with clear instructions.

Good luck on your eventual choice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report