Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lidar Tutorial - Problem with Style Selection

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
TheCanadianPrimate
562 Views, 6 Replies

Lidar Tutorial - Problem with Style Selection

In the Tutorial: Working with Point Clouds, Exercise 2 choosing the point style "Lidar Point Classification" doesn't change anything.  I should be seeing the points colored according to classification but instead all points just revert to gray.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi Robert,

It appears that you might have missed one of the steps in the tutorial as I do not see any issue with it, after applying the point could style, the program shows all the elevation ranges based on the color scheme.  Make sure that you select Elevation Ranges for the Point Cloud Style within the Information tab and Apply and from the Elevation Ranges tab, you click Reset from style and Apply and OK to the window.

Below is the link to the screenshot of my Civil 3D 2013: http://www.screencast.com/t/RVqBKbXfrLm

Thanks,

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Matt Haokip
Message 3 of 7

It's not the Elevation Ranges style I'm having problems with.  It works just fine.  It's the Lidar Point Classification style.

I'll try and run through the entire exercise sometime soon but we are quite busy here.

Message 4 of 7

Robert. Ever get an answer to this? Saw that it was back in June then the Autodesk Tech bailed on the problem. I have had the same issue with the Lidar classification color not working.

Message 5 of 7

No, I didn't. Glad to know it's just not me!
Message 6 of 7

Yeah Autodesk definitely dropped the ball on this one.  It'd be something if it hadn't worked in 2012, but it did.  Now whenever I have to do LiDAR work, I have to go back and use 2012.  Autodesk, hopefully you get your stuff straight for 2014

Message 7 of 7
sbutler502
in reply to: jeremy.2012

I don't see the LIDAR Point Classification, Point Cloud Style working either, just grey no color variation. Yes the Elevation Ranges, Point Cloud Style display correctly but not LIDAR. So point clouds are not fully supported in Civil 3D 2013? Frustrating tutorial.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report