Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Question

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
134 Views, 3 Replies

License Question

I am in the process of putting Civil 3d into some test systems. We currently have 2 seats of straight LDD and two seats of LDD/Civil Design. (all 2005) We are on subscription on all products so I have two licenses for Civil 3d 2005 (Professional?) We have also "upgraded" the two remaining seats of LDD to allow Civil 3d 2005. My question is the following: Am I going to have to install two admin images on the server and two versions of Civil 3d on the workstations. On which uses the Civil Design License and an additional one which uses the LDD (Upgraded) License. If this is the case it is not very practical. Couldn't you write something into the program to search for a Civil License and if one isn't available search for a LDD license. This would seem to make much more sense than installing the same program twice. (As far as I know there is no difference in the versions other serial number and license usage.) Thanks for any help. Conan Witzel Garrett-Ihnen Civil Engineers
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Conan: Assuming you are using the network version, I think you should be able to get a license file for 4 ldt, 2 cd, and 4 c3d. As of this new release, c3d has its own license file entry. It no longer uses the cd license. As for the admin images, I would be very surprised if there are two different "technical" versions similar to the old Civil Series vs. Land Desktop. You'll probably only need one admin image. Sincerely, Drew Burgasser CAD Masters, Inc. "Conan Witzel" wrote in message news:41922f30$1_3@newsprd01... >I am in the process of putting Civil 3d into some test systems. > > We currently have 2 seats of straight LDD and two seats of LDD/Civil > Design. (all 2005) > > We are on subscription on all products so I have two licenses for Civil 3d > 2005 (Professional?) > > We have also "upgraded" the two remaining seats of LDD to allow Civil 3d > 2005. > > My question is the following: Am I going to have to install two admin > images on the server and two versions of Civil 3d on the workstations. On > which uses the Civil Design License and an additional one which uses the > LDD (Upgraded) License. > > If this is the case it is not very practical. Couldn't you write > something into the program to search for a Civil License and if one isn't > available search for a LDD license. This would seem to make much more > sense than installing the same program twice. (As far as I know there is > no difference in the versions other serial number and license usage.) > > Thanks for any help. > > Conan Witzel > Garrett-Ihnen Civil Engineers >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Drew, Thanks for the info. I think my main problem was I didn't know Civil has its own license in the license file. My reseller, DCCadd, is working with us to get everything straigtened out. Thanks, Conan Witzel
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Drew is correct. You will have a license file with LDT, Civil, and Civil 3D in it. Mike Gauvin CADsoft Consulting-Arizona "Conan Witzel" wrote in message news:41927fbc_1@newsprd01... > Drew, > > Thanks for the info. I think my main problem was I didn't know Civil has > its own license in the license file. My reseller, DCCadd, is working with > us to get everything straigtened out. > > Thanks, > > Conan Witzel >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report