Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leader tip offset but retain N/E coords?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
bcsurvey
583 Views, 8 Replies

Leader tip offset but retain N/E coords?

I have symbols at points with Notes attached to each via leader.  The arrowhead is on top of the symbol and actually makes it hard to see what the symbol is clearly.  These are General Note labels and I'd like to know if there is a way to offset the arrowhead so it's positioned just outside the icon at a set distance so the symbol is clear to be displayed as intended, but yet keep the correct northing/easting displayed in the label.  I'd like to avoid exploding all the labels.

Thanks

Civil 3D 2019 (6.1)
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
(i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz)
32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A2000
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
DRW_CAD
in reply to: bcsurvey

After you have created it, right click on it & go to "Label Properties". From there you can change leader attachment to "Marker Extents"

Message 3 of 9
bcsurvey
in reply to: DRW_CAD

That did it.  As I was already using an icon for the point, I hadn't assigned a marker through the label.  But after a quick pick of one, then turning it's indep. layer off under the display tab of the marker style editor, I'm A-OK.

Thanks!

Civil 3D 2019 (6.1)
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
(i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz)
32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Message 4 of 9
bcsurvey

Doug,

Sorry, I didn't catch this right away, but when I assign a marker style at the top of the Properties window (after right-clicking on a label) it shifts the leader tail into or out of the text, depending on left or right justification.  I've fidgetted with various gaps and offsets within the style but can't find a way to fix this.

Civil 3D 2019 (6.1)
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
(i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz)
32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Message 5 of 9
DRW_CAD

Can you put the leader in a seperate file & post it?

Message 6 of 9
bcsurvey

Yep.  Here is a shot of the default note label.  The marker is there, the layer is just turned off.  The same thing happens with a left-justified leader (seperate label style) but the tail is moved AWAY from the text and outside the border in that case.  Hope it's not a glitch.

Civil 3D 2019 (6.1)
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
(i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz)
32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Message 7 of 9
DRW_CAD

Is your drag state "Display" (on dragged state tab of label style composer) set to "stacked text" or "as composed"

Message 8 of 9
bcsurvey

It was set on "As Composed", which I had chosen yesterday since setting it to "Stacked" forces you to used the same color for both border and text.

I found the solution by setting the Anchor Point (under Layout tab of label style composer) to "Middle Center".  This allowed me to retain the As Composed setting, and therefore also the dual color customization for border and text.

Civil 3D 2019 (6.1)
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
(i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz)
32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Message 9 of 9
DRW_CAD

Try stacked text & see if it resolves your leader issue. if it does, you can set the color different without having to use as composed. but only on the text. you do it via the text contents, go to the format tab highlight your text and set color.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report