Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDT2004 Extract Civil 3D data?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
136 Views, 5 Replies

LDT2004 Extract Civil 3D data?

Hey all; During the webcast today Dave Simeone shared that Service Pack 1 for LDT2005 includes an option for Extracting C3D data. But unfortunately he just stated that there will not be an option for this in any earlier versions. So they have enabled an option in C3D to export a dumbed-down version to AutoCAD, i.e. no intelligence in the objects; just linework and text. :-( Sounds very much like a forced upgrade path IMHO. What about all the LDT2004 subscription fees that enabled the creation of C3D? I really hope that the "powers that be" will reconsider this step, before the grassroots decide to mutiny. -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D 2004 SP1 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If you paid subscription fees for 2004, then you should have LDT2005 Always a black lining in every silver cloud, isn't there Don. -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005+C3D2005
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Strange; I would have figured you for a Cowboys fan, but I take note of the reference to the Silver 'n Black. :-) -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D 2004 SP1 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2 "James Wedding" wrote in message news:419e34d1$1_2@newsprd01... If you paid subscription fees for 2004, then you should have LDT2005 Always a black lining in every silver cloud, isn't there Don. -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005+C3D2005
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

And I guess I had that in the back of my mind, when I wrote it. My comment would apply more to the folks who are choosing to wait for a more "Finished" product. But I'm on the other side of the cutting edge, where a little bloodletting is to be expected, from time to time. -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D 2004 SP1 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2 "James Wedding" wrote in message news:419e34d1$1_2@newsprd01... If you paid subscription fees for 2004, then you should have LDT2005 Always a black lining in every silver cloud, isn't there Don. -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005+C3D2005
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Just to clarify - this is not a decision that we made to force anyone to upgrade. There is a pretty straight forward workaround... The LandXML Export/Import option will allow you to achieve a similar goal. Export the data that you want to move into the LDT R2004 project and then import it in LDT. There is one extra step, but you'll end up with the same result. Thanks DAS "Don Reichle" wrote in message news:419e335d$1_2@newsprd01... Hey all; During the webcast today Dave Simeone shared that Service Pack 1 for LDT2005 includes an option for Extracting C3D data. But unfortunately he just stated that there will not be an option for this in any earlier versions. So they have enabled an option in C3D to export a dumbed-down version to AutoCAD, i.e. no intelligence in the objects; just linework and text. :-( Sounds very much like a forced upgrade path IMHO. What about all the LDT2004 subscription fees that enabled the creation of C3D? I really hope that the "powers that be" will reconsider this step, before the grassroots decide to mutiny. -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D 2004 SP1 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Yes, thanks Dave. As I've had more time to chew on it, it seems that Autodesk is attempting to make this pill as easy to swallow as possible. The carrots being offered to get the horse to move down the proper path are pretty sweet. The handout we received as part of the Civil Express Tour indicates that Land Desktop subscription clients without Civil Design who had their subscription current as of 10SEP2004 could upgrade to C3D for only $100. And as James pointed out subscription allows automatic upgrades. Whether we install them or not is up to us. -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D 2004 SP1 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2 "Dave Simeone" wrote in message news:419e4b97$1_1@newsprd01... Just to clarify - this is not a decision that we made to force anyone to upgrade. There is a pretty straight forward workaround... The LandXML Export/Import option will allow you to achieve a similar goal. Export the data that you want to move into the LDT R2004 project and then import it in LDT. There is one extra step, but you'll end up with the same result. Thanks DAS "Don Reichle" wrote in message news:419e335d$1_2@newsprd01... Hey all; During the webcast today Dave Simeone shared that Service Pack 1 for LDT2005 includes an option for Extracting C3D data. But unfortunately he just stated that there will not be an option for this in any earlier versions. So they have enabled an option in C3D to export a dumbed-down version to AutoCAD, i.e. no intelligence in the objects; just linework and text. :-( Sounds very much like a forced upgrade path IMHO. What about all the LDT2004 subscription fees that enabled the creation of C3D? I really hope that the "powers that be" will reconsider this step, before the grassroots decide to mutiny. -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D 2004 SP1 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report