Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDDT points to Civil 3D

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
330 Views, 3 Replies

LDDT points to Civil 3D

I have a LDDT 2005 drawing with all of my survey points separated onto their respective layers and all broken into point groups. Now I want to get them to Civil 3D as EASILY as possible. I am trying to use the Map pulldown to set up a query set for the layers the points are on and bring them over to Civil 3D that way. This will allow me to keep my points layer managed and also I can set up new point groups to match the ones in LDDT. The trouble is, Civil 3D does not recognize them as points. They list a AECC points, but when I try to do anything with them, Civil 3D does not even know they are in the drawing. I have tried to use Points > Create Points > Convert AutoCAD points, but when I select the points, they list an "Invalid selection set" error?? What am I doing wrong? Can this even be done through a map query? I know I can import the original point files and work that way, but I already have all the work of point group and layer management already completed. Any help would GREATLY appreciated. Chad
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The points are going over as proxy points. I have been down this path with Autodesk and thay do not have any plans for providing an API to access these proxy points. I wanted to do it for those times when a client provides the LDD drawing, but not the project. Just as a side note: your point layers are dependant on your Desc Key File, so you will need to have that set up anyway. Once that is done, you then import the points from the base LDD point database. Jon "Chad Wurzer" wrote in message news:420a6875$1_3@newsprd01... > I have a LDDT 2005 drawing with all of my survey points separated onto their > respective layers and all broken into point groups. Now I want to get them > to Civil 3D as EASILY as possible. I am trying to use the Map pulldown to > set up a query set for the layers the points are on and bring them over to > Civil 3D that way. This will allow me to keep my points layer managed and > also I can set up new point groups to match the ones in LDDT. The trouble > is, Civil 3D does not recognize them as points. They list a AECC points, > but when I try to do anything with them, Civil 3D does not even know they > are in the drawing. I have tried to use Points > Create Points > Convert > AutoCAD points, but when I select the points, they list an "Invalid > selection set" error?? > What am I doing wrong? Can this even be done through a map query? > I know I can import the original point files and work that way, but I > already have all the work of point group and layer management already > completed. > Any help would GREATLY appreciated. > > Chad > >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks a lot Jon! Looks like I will have a little more work ahead of me with this process. Chad
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Did you use Description Keys in Land Desktop to get points on to the appropriate layers? If so, you have Points, Point Groups, and Desc. Keys. All of which can be brought across via Land XML. Angel Espinoza KETIV Technologies "Chad Wurzer" wrote in message news:420a6875$1_3@newsprd01... > I have a LDDT 2005 drawing with all of my survey points separated onto their > respective layers and all broken into point groups. Now I want to get them > to Civil 3D as EASILY as possible. I am trying to use the Map pulldown to > set up a query set for the layers the points are on and bring them over to > Civil 3D that way. This will allow me to keep my points layer managed and > also I can set up new point groups to match the ones in LDDT. The trouble > is, Civil 3D does not recognize them as points. They list a AECC points, > but when I try to do anything with them, Civil 3D does not even know they > are in the drawing. I have tried to use Points > Create Points > Convert > AutoCAD points, but when I select the points, they list an "Invalid > selection set" error?? > What am I doing wrong? Can this even be done through a map query? > I know I can import the original point files and work that way, but I > already have all the work of point group and layer management already > completed. > Any help would GREATLY appreciated. > > Chad > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report