AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

*Jon
Message 1 of 1 (54 Views)

LDD Key Descriptor Conversion

54 Views, 0 Replies
12-26-2004 05:35 PM
One of the bug bears I have with C3D is the poor translation of my KDF from LDD to C3D. The descriptors go over alright, but the symbol association is lost. Attached are 2 programmes that I use to remedy this: mdb_convert.exe will convert a LDD KDF to an interim Random Access File called stringer.sdb, which I use for other purposes. This file is created in the c:\ directory, no matter what. I left this as a VB6 standalone so that it was independent of LDD. hdf_convert_c3d is the vba programme to read this file, creating a Description Key Set called STRINGER (which can be easily renamed later). It creates the Description keys in this SET, and creates a POINT STYLE of the same name IF a symbol is associated. The point style is given most of the information of the original LDD KDF of layers, scales, etc. Feel free to use and modify it, but I would like any any improved versions sent back so I can learn. All constructive criticism welcome. Jon Rasmussen
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.