Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDD Key Descriptor Conversion

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
119 Views, 0 Replies

LDD Key Descriptor Conversion

One of the bug bears I have with C3D is the poor translation of my KDF from LDD to C3D. The descriptors go over alright, but the symbol association is lost. Attached are 2 programmes that I use to remedy this: mdb_convert.exe will convert a LDD KDF to an interim Random Access File called stringer.sdb, which I use for other purposes. This file is created in the c:\ directory, no matter what. I left this as a VB6 standalone so that it was independent of LDD. hdf_convert_c3d is the vba programme to read this file, creating a Description Key Set called STRINGER (which can be easily renamed later). It creates the Description keys in this SET, and creates a POINT STYLE of the same name IF a symbol is associated. The point style is given most of the information of the original LDD KDF of layers, scales, etc. Feel free to use and modify it, but I would like any any improved versions sent back so I can learn. All constructive criticism welcome. Jon Rasmussen
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report