Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LAYOUT SCALE FACTORS

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
XFTR
275 Views, 2 Replies

LAYOUT SCALE FACTORS

I'm working on setting up LDP's (low distortion projections) in C3D and have run into an issue with the scale factor reduction.  I've computed a scale factor for my LDP (say 1.000110) and have input it in the "Scale Reduction" field during the creation of the coordinate system.  After saving it and then viewing it in the Coordinate System library, the scale reports as "1".  It seems no matter what I change it to, save it, and then view it, it reverts back to exactly "1".

What am I missing?

Running C3D 2012 with SP4.0

Win 7, 64 bit environment.

Thanks,

Dean Coon

Atlas Land Surveying

Dean Coon
Atlas Land Surveying
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: XFTR

I seem to remember this coming up before and recall that it actually does retain the correct figure but only show 1.0. Sorry I don't have time now to find the information or if it only relates to certain versions of Civil3D. But I will look in a couple of days as I will be setting up an LDP later this week.

Message 3 of 3
XFTR
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks, Caleb.

I've OPUS'd a control point and have a solid LLH (N43-58-50.21838, W116-55-27.08528).  I've set up an LDP in my data collector, which seems to be reporting the correct values.  When I import the coordinates into C3D from the data collector with the LDP set up for the survey data base and drawing, the Lat/Long for this control point does not match what I input in my data collector.  C3D reports N43-59-02.91, W116-55-43.71

I've double & triple checked that all my projection parameters correct, and match between my data collector and C3D, checked my input LLH I put in my data collector.  Just not sure what else to check at this point.

Dean Coon

Atlas Land Surveying

Dean Coon
Atlas Land Surveying

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report