Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layout 1/8"=1 feet

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
lazafq
289 Views, 2 Replies

Layout 1/8"=1 feet

I am trying to create a layout viewport in civil 3d with 1/8"=1 feet on an ARCH D paper. However, when I do that my drawing does not fit my viewport which it should, since the dimensions of the lot are 150x193 feet so it would need 18"x24" inches. However it is zoomed out completely (see attached file and picture)

Let me know how to fix it.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Pointdump
in reply to: lazafq

L,

Since you don't have any C3D points in your drawing, I'm guessing that this drawing was created with Vanilla AutoCAD. Whenever you try to mix Vanilla AutoCAD Feet-and-Inches with Civil 3D Units, it's not going to be pretty. I'd keep it in Vanilla or re-do the whole drawing in C3D.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 3
Jeff_M
in reply to: lazafq

This drawing was worked on in Land Desktop. The Surface contours are way off in space, the Aecc_Points are inseted at 10,000x 10,000y. The drawing was drawn in inches (list one of the lines and compare to the labeled length, they differ by a factor of 12), yet the points and contours are in feet. Personally, I would delete the contours, wblock out the points, in the new points drawing I'd convert them to C3D Cogo points, create a surface from them, then xref that into the other drawing allowing it to be scaled accordingly. Also, the original drawing's units needs to be set to be inches (architectural or engineering), the Layout needs to be configured to plot 1=1, then the Viewport can be resized to take up the correct space on the paper and set to 1/8"=1'. This way the lot fits on a 24x36 sheet.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report