Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layers not visible on Layer Properties Manager Autocad Civil 3D 2009

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
2575 Views, 11 Replies

Layers not visible on Layer Properties Manager Autocad Civil 3D 2009

Too often when I open Layer Properties Manager in Autocad 2009, the layers are not visible. When I click on the empty spot where a layer should be, it pops up, but the rest of the layers are still not visible.

I've attached a picture of the problem. You can see that I've clicked on layer: Area_Soil_1.

Any Ideas??
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Reboot.

Bill
'
wrote in message news:6231273@discussion.autodesk.com...
Too often when I open Layer Properties Manager in Autocad 2009, the layers
are not visible. When I click on the empty spot where a layer should be, it
pops up, but the rest of the layers are still not visible.

I've attached a picture of the problem. You can see that I've clicked on
layer: Area_Soil_1.

Any Ideas??
Message 3 of 12
AllenJessup

I would think it's a video card/driver issue. Check to see if there are updated drivers for you card. Also read any readme or release notes along with the drivers. They sometimes give good advice on how to configure the card.
Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

> "wfb" wrote in message
> news:6231393@discussion.autodesk.com...
> Reboot.

Yes please, in a size 12. http://tinyurl.com/qkxr6u

--
Murph
www.map3d.wordpress.com
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

Reboot doesn't help. The problem comes up often and in different sessions. But not always.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

I'll check that one out. The card is supposed to be good and developed for cad use, but you never know..
Message 7 of 12
AllenJessup

It's more likely the drivers. I was quilty myself of not reading the documentation for my drivers. Once I broke down and did that the instructions on how to configure the Performance Tunning made a world of difference. It even cured the problems with the floating Layer Properties Manager.
Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 12
it
Explorer

We are having the same issue with one of our machines. Reboot is only a temporary fix.
C3D 2010.
Latest drivers for Quadro FX 3500.
WinXP 64-bit.
6GB RAM.

Any solution to this issue? Edited by: it@johnmeyerconsulting.com on Dec 14, 2009 4:53 PM
Message 9 of 12
bikedad1

You need to edit the maxsort variable to be something like 10000. You probably have to many layers and if that variable isnt large enough then you cant see the layers in the layer manager.
Message 10 of 12
it
Explorer

sorry, but no...

MAXSORT will affect whether the layers are sorted correctly (i.e. alphabetical order) but does not prevent them from showing at all
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

Having same problem here in both AutoCAD 2009 & 2010. Rebooting is temporary & MAXSORT is not the solution. Haven't had this problem and have logged at least a 1000 hours in AutoCAD 2009. Have top of the line graphics card with up to date drivers. Leads me to believe its an error with the file. Audit reveals no errors. Edited by: tristanporto4739 on Jan 22, 2010 3:49 AM
Message 12 of 12
dave.babcock

I have the same thing happening. has anyone figured out a fix?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report