Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layers not appeare in PDF

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
basman12
578 Views, 5 Replies

Layers not appeare in PDF

Hello everybody!

When i Export the drawing to PDF formate through the plot command and choose the DWG to pdf, some of the layers not appear in PDF file and some of them appear.

is there is any command that i can controll the appearance of the layer in the PDF file

thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jay_B
in reply to: basman12

Are these layers Set to "No Plot" in Layer Manager?

Is it an entire Xref etc. that won't plot?

What specifically won't appear? contours or?

Are you using the "Include Layer information" option in the pc3 when creating the PDF?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 6
basman12
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks for response

sorry if i don't explain the problem so good

check the picture below

thanks

Message 4 of 6
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: basman12

Are you using the Drawing to PDF PC3 file or the Adobe plotter driver? I have known things to dissapear in the plot or lines to turn into curves when using the Adobe version.

Use the AutoCad plot driver always.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 5 of 6
john.mckenzie
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

I am a bit confused about what you are asking here.

You have placed a red box around the layer names.

I am assuming that these are not all the layers in your drawing.

the PDF will list only those layers that have objects visible in your plot and not all the layers in your drawing. This list is to control on/off functionality for the plot and not the drawing. Therefore layers that are not in the plot are not in the list.

Is that the answer you are looking for?

Message 6 of 6
basman12
in reply to: john.mckenzie

Hello

as you said the layers are not all appear in my pdf drawing in the red rectangle although some of them are already draw, i can see some lines and points but i can't see their layers,

i try to figure out what the reason that some objects i can see their layers and other objects i can not see, although all the layers are ON in the visibility option .

thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report