Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer States Manager Missing in the Layer Properties Manager ??

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
RTJMartin
2995 Views, 7 Replies

Layer States Manager Missing in the Layer Properties Manager ??

We've recently upgraded to Release 2014, and I use Civil 3D for all my drafting.

We load our discipline specific layers into drawings using *.las files via the Layer States Manager. I've recently had to load a *.las file for the first time. When I open the Layer Properties Manager, I'm missing a few of the usual icon buttons in the upper left corner of the Layer Properties Manager.

I don't have; New Property Filter, New Group Filter, Layer States Manager

I do have; Layer Standards, Layer Key Styles, Layer Key Overrides, Load Filter Groups, Save Filter Groups, New Layer, New Layer from Standard, New Layer VP Frozen in All Viewports, Delete Layer, Set Current.

I really would like to Access the Layer States Manager. How do I get it back? What am I missing?

Thanks,

Richard

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
doni49
in reply to: RTJMartin

Can you post a screenshot of what you do see?  And if you still have the previous version installed, can you also post a screenshot there as well -- circle the items that are "missing"?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 8
Jay_B

Works here in 2014 SP1.

There have been some related threads but in most cases most or all of the icons you mention are missing from the Layer Manager.

Layer States.JPG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 8
RTJMartin
in reply to: Jay_B

I have a request into our IT regarding getting SP1 downloaded and installed. I'm hoping that will get me the Layer States Manager icon.

Thanks,

Richard

Message 5 of 8
Jay_B

If it doesn't then maybe try a reset of your User Settings.

Keep in mind this will set everything to default so any customization to the CUI etc. will be lost when doing a Reset.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 6 of 8
Jeff_M

I just saw this thread and had a look at my 2014 install. Sure enough I did not have the LSM button in the LPM either. I noticed that the Filters pane was a bit narrower than the one in C3D 2013 so I grabbed the separator bar (between the filters & layers) and started to drag it wider. BAM the LSM button displayed. It now displays no matter what I set that width to, even when closing and reopening. Strange....

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 7 of 8
Jay_B
in reply to: Jeff_M

@Jeff_M wrote:

I noticed that the Filters pane was a bit narrower than the one in C3D 2013 so I grabbed the separator bar (between the filters & layers) and started to drag it wider. BAM the LSM button displayed. It now displays no matter what I set that width to, even when closing and reopening. Strange....

I was just doing the same with the separators, trying to make mine dissapear but now it all kinda sort of makes sense Smiley Surprised

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 8 of 8
RTJMartin
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks Jay and Jeff,

Yep, simply moving the Filters separator bar to the right to make it wider lets the missing icons appear.

Almost feel kind of foolish about not being able to figure this one out. Ah well ... all good now.

Thanks everyone,

Cheers

Richard

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report