Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer Pulldown (toolbar)

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
S**t_Just_Got_Real
640 Views, 8 Replies

Layer Pulldown (toolbar)

In what order do the layers show up in the pulldiwn?  They are not in the same order as the dialog box....this is annoying and makes it very hard to find layers. 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi,

I know some places for "layer pulldown" and a lot of places for layers in a "dialog box", could you give us a little bit more feeling to what dialogs/pulldowns you are speaking?

To layername-sorting generally: look to sysvar MAXSORT (>>>details<<<)

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 9

Its th pulldown or flyout or whatever you want to call it, on the standard Layers Toolbar.  The dialog box or the Layer Properties Manager can be sorted by anything, name, color, etc.  I perfer it sorted by name but the pulldown is all out of order.

Message 4 of 9

Hi,

....and have you tried MAXSORT?

>> Its th pulldown or flyout or whatever you want to call it, on the standard Layers Toolbar.

"on the Layers Toolsbar" and "Layer Properties Manager" would have been the hints (in your first message) 😉

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 9

Its set to 1000...the default.

Message 6 of 9

Hi,

>> Its set to 1000...the default

And when you set it to 5000, then restart AutoCAD, open your drawing, is it then sorted?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 9

Looks like that did the trick.  I've only been using Civil 3D for 2 weeks...I was kind of thrown into it without a lot of stuff being set up....so my brain is a little fried.  Thank you!!

Message 8 of 9

Hi,

>> I've only been using Civil 3D for 2 weeks

no problem when you just started into it. It's usual not to know the exact words for some dialogs at the beginning. In that case create a screenshot and upload it with the message so we can see what you are speaking about. .... for the next question 😉

Have a nice day, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 9 of 9

You got it.  Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report