Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

layer properties manager box problem.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
geohill
442 Views, 4 Replies

layer properties manager box problem.

I am using AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011. When I click on an item in my drawing, whether text, polyline, or whatever, the layer that it is on is not reflected in the layer properties manager box. The LPM Box just reflects the current layer.

When clicking on multiple items, on multiple layers, the LPM box does not "white out" like it used to...it continues toi display the "current layer".

This is a new problem that just surfaced this afternoon.

Any suggestions on how to get the LPM Box to reflect the highlighted layer?

Also, I cannot doubleclick on text to edit it....is this a pointer issue?

Thanks-

Geo

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
g_k50
in reply to: geohill

I don't have enough information to formulate an answer.

What did you change between the time it was working and the time it stopped working?

Is it the same for other drawings?

Is it happening to other workstations or just yours?

Message 3 of 5
geohill
in reply to: g_k50

1) I did not intentionally change anything. I was using the match properties command to move linework from one layer to another.

2) The same problem occurs in all the other AutoCAD drawings I have.

3) No one else is having this problem on their work stations.

Also, when I double click on text or MT, a window does not open up so I can edit it. The only way I can edit text is to open the properties manager and work thru the text contents box.

Also, I cannot right-click on a block and open the edit block dialog box...it seems my pointer settings are corrupt

ed..

I can type in text edit in the coommand line and edit multitext or attributes in a block that way.

Message 4 of 5
geohill

Problem is solved. Our crackerjack AutoCAD guru found the problem.

Pickfirst variable needs to be set to 1.

Message 5 of 5
troma

Please be sure to mark a post as the Solution if it solves your original problem. This helps others who are reading to find answers to their questions too.  Yes, you can do this when you solved your own problem too!

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report