Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer of slope pattern

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
cadascadcan
884 Views, 9 Replies

Layer of slope pattern

Hello,

I can control the layer of every feature line by using a different style for each feature line.

But it seems to me, that the slope pattern is always on the layer of the corridor itself. Is this right or is there a way to control the layer of the slope pattern?

I want to turn off the corridor in a drawing, but want to show the slope pattern at the same time. How can I do this best. Changing the layer of every feature line, so that only the slope pattern is on the corridor-layer is quite long-winded.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
chammett
in reply to: cadascadcan

I wanna know the same thing...
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

Just type CHANGESPACE. It still works if you have Express Tools installed.

Bill

wrote in message news:5314730@discussion.autodesk.com...
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

Erase this one.

"wfb" wrote in message
news:5314704@discussion.autodesk.com...
Just type CHANGESPACE. It still works if you have Express Tools installed.

Bill

wrote in message news:5314730@discussion.autodesk.com...
Message 5 of 10
mbcastle

Is there no way to set the layer for the slope patterns?
Message 6 of 10
chopper

I spent an hour and a half looking for it today, convinced i was out of my mind. I never found it; had to modify all other corridor components. thanks, autodesk.
Message 7 of 10
wang890
in reply to: chopper

7 years later still can't control this layer. you guys probably retired by now lol.

i am working for a microstation user company and they want to have the slope pattern on different layer. i am using 2 slope patterns one for barrier (using berm in and berm out), and one for the slope (EPS and Daylight)

all i can do now is set the colour and then export to autocad, then use quick select to grab the objects and put pattern on different layer. ok for now because i have to export to autocad then save as dgn anyways.

autodesk should expand more options on existing features rather adding new features. like intersection and stuff. most intersection are weird ones i deal with and it's better to model it manually, more fun that way anyways.

Stantec
Dell Precision 5530, Prism M320PU, C3D 14/17/19
Message 8 of 10
engenharia04NEFVB
in reply to: wang890

Year: 2020.

Still not able to configure slope pattern Layer.

Message 9 of 10
pingras
in reply to: engenharia04NEFVB

Hi,

layer of slope patern is the layer you put the corridor on. You can control the layer of feature lines, links and shapes but not pattern so you just put the corridor on layer e.a. C-ROAD-SLOPE PATTERNS or something like that. 

Regards,

Slavc

Message 10 of 10
cdavisPMK3R
in reply to: pingras

Can you elaborate?  I can't get the lines the slope patterns connect with to go away even after changing every element in the code set style to a no display.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report