Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer Manager - Color Settings

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
ccampbell
9280 Views, 22 Replies

Layer Manager - Color Settings

I have a file where the layer manager does not seam to be contorling the bylayer color settings.  When I change the color in the layer manager everything seams to work fine.  But when I try to creat objects on this layer they we not use the color that I set.  They use the original color that the layer was set to.  In the ribbon the color default is set to by layer.  One interesting thing is that when I pull down the layer menu in the ribbon it will show the old color.  in fact the work around is to change the layer color from this menu and not the layer manager.  This is the only drawing I have that exhibits this behavior.  Does anyone know of a system variable that would cause this or is this just a coruption of this file.  (I ran audit, closed autcad and restarted, verified that all objects are set to manage colors bylayer, default ribbon palets are set to bylayer)

Thank 

Curt

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
jamesmac1200
in reply to: ccampbell

Intel(R) Xeon(R) W3520 @ 2.67 GHz

10 GB RAM

Windows 7 Professional - 64-bit

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012

I have the exact same issue. Has there been a solution yet? I haven't reinstalled the program since it appears that it doesn't repair the problem. It's definitely annoying and cumbersome.

Civil 3D 2016 SP4
Intel Xeon CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50 GHz
40GB RAM
64-Bit
Window 7 Professional
Message 22 of 23
jmajerus
in reply to: jamesmac1200

Try entering this line of code into the command line, and hit enter:

Code:
(command "._-color" "ByLayer")

._-color

next enter bylayer

Hope this helps!

Message 23 of 23
sp22106
in reply to: shunter62

I was having this same problem too! When I changed layer states the colors that I just changed would go back to normal. I edited them in the Layer States manager and they stayed!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report