Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer Filter

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Joe-Bouza
762 Views, 4 Replies

Layer Filter

I know I can show only layers in the current drawing with ~*|* (yes I know I can invert the xref filter) but I want to exclude the xrefs and all layers beginning with C-

Can this be done?

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
troma
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Can you make a filter that includes all x-ref & all C- layers?
If so, then invert that.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: troma

Works great. If I had my druthers ..Idruther take the invert selection out of the hands of the other users

Your Name
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
doni49
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Joe-Bouza wrote:
Works great. If I had my druthers ..Idruther take the invert selection out of the hands of the other users

Joe,

You could nest two filters.  Personally, I wish we could just click multiple filters and have acad show all layers that meet ALL selected filters or something along those lines.  But this should help a little bit.  You could have one filter that says "NonXref" and then all the others nested below that one.

In the following (first) screenshot, you'll see all the layers that are left after my nested filters are applied.  Then some of the layers in my file that are shown when the filters aren't used are shown in the second screenshot.

EDIT:  Here's where you can find more info on nesting your filters: 

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%202010%20User%20Documentation/index.html?url=WS1a91938...

Then scroll to the bottom and you'll see an expander for "To nest a layer filter under another layer filter".

ACADNestedLayerFilters.png

ACADNestedLayerFilters-Unfiltered.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: doni49

Doni

Excellent. Thanks

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report