Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

layer filter function lost

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
d1of2
582 Views, 7 Replies

layer filter function lost

On one of the machines here we seem to have lost the functionality of the layer filters. When a group filter is created, it shows in the list, you can add layers to the filter, but when you view the filtered layers, its all the layers. Also, when there are unreconciled layers and you navigate to this filter, it shows the entire layer list. Is there some setting that may have been changed?

Civil 3D 2013.

thanks in advance for your help!

Windows 7 64
Intel Core i7 2.0 GHz 2.0 GHz
8 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX460M
Civil 3D 2012 SP2.1
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DaveM
in reply to: d1of2

Maybe7-24-2013 10-22-18 AM.png

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

Message 3 of 8
d1of2
in reply to: DaveM

I thought that only controled the layer pulldown on the layers toolbar.. I guess if I use layer filters I can't have the pulldown with all layers available all the time then?

yup that worked

Thanks!

Windows 7 64
8 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX460M
Civil 3D 2012 SP2.1
Message 4 of 8
troma

Should work the way you said. It does for me.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 8
jggerth1
in reply to: troma

This is interesting, In Civil3d, if I do not check the option to "Apply layer filter to toolbar", none of the layer filters will function in the layer palette.

Classiclayer command works as expected, that is the layers shown in the classic dialog are limited by the selected filter.

This is rather un undesired bug issue.

Message 6 of 8
troma
in reply to: jggerth1

I always use the classic layers; hated the new palette with a passion from the moment I first set eyes on it.
Wish I could find a way to apply a filter to the toolbar without applying it to the dialog box, now that would be handy!

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 7 of 8
d1of2

Especially the whole C-, A-, V-. takes away most alphanumeric order functionality when looking for a layer. Why can't we have a routine or button, that when we choose, on export to another industry, add the C or whatever in front of the layer names. The rest of the naming convention I mostly agree with. Most....

Windows 7 64
8 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX460M
Civil 3D 2012 SP2.1
Message 8 of 8
buhr

Thank you!  Lost this function for one day and couldn't figure out how to get it back.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report