Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer dialog box? where is it?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
elaine3051
1293 Views, 5 Replies

Layer dialog box? where is it?

I have just updated from 2011 to 2015. Can someone tell me how to find the layer dialog box? Its not in the ribbon section for layers. You cant type on the command line and get it. And of course again the Autodesk HELP is absolutely no help at all.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jeff_M
in reply to: elaine3051

Type in LA, hit Enter. The Layer Palette will display (my preference). Or, enter classiclayer and hit enter for the old layer dialog.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 6
elaine3051
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thank You

Message 4 of 6
jbush
in reply to: Jeff_M

if I type classic layer dialog box comes up if i type layer nothing comes up just a little flicker of the screen when i click the menu button (perferred way) nothing happens just the flicker of screen, i surly don't want to type classic layer a hundred times a day, what happened to the '_layer dialog box ??????????????????????????????????????????

Message 5 of 6
troma
in reply to: jbush

Sounds like the pallet may have been moved off the screen or under something else. Not sure how you might find it. Resetting your workspace??

Meanwhile, if you set the sysvar LAYERDLGMODE to 0 (zero) you will get the classic layer dialog when you click the button or type the command LAYER or LA.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 6 of 6
jbush
in reply to: troma

Thank you, you are surley a genius.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report