Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launch Storm Sewers, Hydrographs, and/or Express without opening Civil 3D

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
sakka252
1582 Views, 6 Replies

Launch Storm Sewers, Hydrographs, and/or Express without opening Civil 3D

Does anyone know of a way to launch these programs without opening Civil 3D?  It's pretty silly that we have to launch these programs from within C3D.  Express, specifically, is pretty much a stand alone software.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: sakka252

have you tried the start button? Go to you Autodesk collection and click. I can do it in 2008

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 3 of 7
sakka252
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

In 2011 they are not under the start menu anymore, only under the Analyze tab.  I found the EXE files under "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011\HHApps" folder but you can't even launch the programs from those EXE files.

Message 4 of 7
DarrenP

in 2010 & higher they are not separate programs anymore they are features of the software

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
sakka252

Right.  So that means there is no possible way to launch them outside of CAD?  It's pretty clear Autodesk did not consult a user of their software before making that decision.

Message 6 of 7
sakka252

I would like to be able to launch the H&H apps without having to start C3D.  Often times it is not necessary for me to be in C3D when I need to launch one of these softwares.  If this is not possible anymore, it is necessary that it be changed.  As designers we are not always in C3D when working on Hydrologic projects.
If you agree that H&H should be capable of launching without C3D open:
-copy the paragraph above

Message 7 of 7
Hidden_Brain

just submitted mine. true, it is somewhat annoying that i have to fire up civil 3d to be able to get to these programs! i can understand the "connection" between the pipe networks and storm sewers, but why hydrographs and express?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report