Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lateral Pipe in Profile not Showing up

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
doben
3307 Views, 11 Replies

Lateral Pipe in Profile not Showing up

Hello,

I have created a pipe network and a couple of the manholes have laterals coming in at 90 degrees to the main line. I haven't been able to get these to show up in my profile views although they are listed in the manhole invert labels.

Any help is appreciated. 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Jeff_M
in reply to: doben

Make sure the Structure style is set to display the Structure Pipe Outlines in the Profile View Direction settings.

9-27-2012 5-51-18 PM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 12
doben
in reply to: Jeff_M

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the response.

I discovered that I had "Enable Part Masking" checked. After unchecking the pipe displays. Now my mainline pipes extend into the manhole. (see attached).  I guess there's no way to display only the lateral pipe in the manhole.

BTW I'm using C3D 2012. 

Message 4 of 12
Jeff_M

You should be able to use part masking (I do) and still see the lateral pipe.

9-28-2012 9-43-19 AM.png

Do you have the setting I mentioned in my first response set as I showed?

EESignature
Message 5 of 12
castled071049

I'm betting the OP intiated the "Draw Parts in Profile View" command and drew the laterals in the PV, rather than letting the manhole show them automatically using your technique. If so, take the laterals out of the profile view and let the manhole display them for you. In that manner you can use profile masking. 

Message 6 of 12
doben
in reply to: castled071049

I did use "draw parts in profile view". I removed these as suggested they now display, however there is a 90 degree bend in the alignment and the pipes do not show up in this manhole if masking is on.  

Is there another way?

Thanks.

Message 7 of 12
castled071049

The lateral should still show up in the profile view, provided that it is connected to the manhole. Check to make sure the lateral shows up in the Structure properties Connected Pipes tab. Also, make sure the alignment PI is EXACTLY on the manhole's insertion point... sometimes that makes a difference. The last possibility is that the lateral pipe's invert is at some wildly erroneous elevation. 

Also, run an Audit and see if the lateral pipe is, for some reason, bogus and gets erased. 

Message 8 of 12
sjg
Advisor

If I am understanding you correctly you just want to show the pipe entering the structure and not the pipe itself. Go into the profile view properties, pipe networks tab and next to the pipe in question make sure the Draw column is No. Once you set it to No, it should show up in the structure since your not drawing the actual pipe itself. Again make sure structure style in profile view has pipe outlines turned on.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 9 of 12
Jeff_M

Are you able to post the drawing, or a link to download it from?

EESignature
Message 10 of 12
doben

Thanks for the help.  I created a new drawing and made a pipe network using the same styles. and everything displays as it should.. 

Message 11 of 12
dretch

I struggled with this problem for quite some time, thinking that it was a pipe style, then a profile view setting that was preventing my laterals from not showing up, but here was the problem, since I could not find anyone with a solution to this online.

Edit structure (not pipe)  style, under Display Tab, view direction set to Profile, ensure that 'Structure Pipe Outlines' is turned ON.

Message 12 of 12
Grimes_MG
in reply to: dretch

If you followed sjg's suggestion (2 previous posts) you would have fond he provided the solution...

Win7 (x64), EVGA 790i, 8GB RAM, EVGA 8800GT, 250 GB iSSHDD, & RAID 0/1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report