Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lane Taper

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
3437 Views, 7 Replies

Lane Taper

I'm a newbie to Civil 3d. I need some insight on how to taper a lane from 20' down to 12'. What is the best way to achieve this? This lane is also trying into an existing road kind of like a interstate ramp tying in to the mainline.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Anonymous

Alignments and <profiles> tied to you assembly should do it

Joe

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
Neilw_05
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

To add to Joe's reply, you would create an alignment and profile for the lane you want to target and add it as a target for the lane subassembly used in your corridor. Then as the corridor approaches the existing road, the lane will stretch or compress and elevate according to the target alignment and profile.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Neilw_05

Thanks, I was able to get the lane to taper using that method. I'm trying to do the same for the shoulder with a taper from 4' to 2' with no luck.

Message 5 of 8
Neilw_05

You can use the same technique for the shoulder. Draw the taper as a polyline or feature line and use it as a target. I'm not sure if there is a shoulder subassembly that can stretch to a target, but I think you can do it with a generic link.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Neilw_05

Yep most shoulder assemblies can use targets

Message 7 of 8
sfore

You may want to experiment with an offset assembly.  I recently created one for a knuckle design for a subdivison and it worked great.  I created an alignment for LEOP and a profile along with an offset assembly, set my regions inside my corridor parameters and everything worked out.  I recognized your screen name.  You can contact me in the St. Albans office and I'll forward you my drawing so you can see exactly what I did.

Shawn

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: sfore

Hi Shawn,

I read your reply on Lane taper, you mentioned that you worked out the taper on a Knuckle in subdivisions, I am also have the same situation and I am new to corridors and assemblies. Can you please send me a drawing showing how you did the corridors and assemblies which have to be done for the Knuckle, I would greatly appreciate if there is a way to show me detail steps to take to for the knuckle.  How can I contact you.

Zarir

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report