Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lane slope, shoulder slope

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
MonkeyTrainer
1084 Views, 8 Replies

lane slope, shoulder slope

how can i get my shoulder slope to match my lane slope? there is a feature line with elevation that is following the end of my lane (off: 33.50'). but from there, i cant get my shoulder slope to match my lane slope. i cant set another profile for the 35.5' offset to follow and need this to work. see image, dont worry about the left side.

thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
sboon
in reply to: MonkeyTrainer

Use a parameter reference in your assembly.  This will allow the program to apply an output parameter from one sub as an input for another one.

Clipboard11.png

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 9
MonkeyTrainer
in reply to: sboon

you are using assemblies that i'm not using. i cant get the assemblies you used to do what i need. i have specific alignments and elevations i need to follow and that sub doesnt have the juice i need, sorry. is there possibly another method you or anyone else can think of to help me out, i am stuck here... thank you SBoon.

Message 4 of 9
sboon

Need more detail.  Post a sketch showing which subs you're using and how the assembly was built.  We'll also need to know which ones are being controlled by corridor targeting.  Can you post a drawing with the assembly in it?

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 5 of 9

What shoulder SA are you using? They should all have that override built in to allow the lane slope to be passed to the shoulder.

Regards,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 9

right now i am using a "lanesuperelevationAOR" defined by a feature line and elevation, and a "shoulderextendsubbase". i also have a "linkoffsetandelevation" before the lane.  you can see it in the image on the original post. i thought i went through the definition of the shoulder looking for something like that, but if there is another one i need to use i gladly switch. thanks.

Message 7 of 9

SUCCESS! ok, i found the option to have it follow the lane slope. thanks to everybody that posted!

Message 8 of 9
bmcd13

Hi - I have a similar problem and can't find the solution anywhere else.

I am using "ShoulderExtendAll" and I want to set my shoulder slope to 6% (easy enough) and set my subbase to 3% (also easy) but keep the shoulder base slope at 2% to match my road. There is no where to do this; the base slope automatically follows the shoulder slope (6%). Any ideas?

Message 9 of 9
sboon
in reply to: bmcd13

Please ask your question in a new thread - with a link back to this one if you like.  Posting a new question in an already solved one is generally considered a thread hijack.  It will not be possible to mark your issue as solved and others will have difficulty searching for it.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report