Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LandXML - Missing Lines

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cms370
399 Views, 1 Reply

LandXML - Missing Lines

Has anyone had any trouble with LandXML exports and missing lines from a surface?

I am performing the following steps:

1)  Creating a surface from a corridor

2)  Exporting corridor surface as LandXML

3)  Importing LandXML into a new drawing

4)  Exporting .dxf file from the LandXML surface

5)  Importing .dxf file into 3rd Party Machine Control and Guidance software for implementation

However, after some trouble with the third party import I did some troubleshooting and uncovered the fact that the surface from C3D is missing lines after the .dxf export.  Not sure what is going on here. See attached image from (DWG TrueView) Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cms370
in reply to: cms370

Looks like during the export of the XML file to .dxf that the surface must be rotated so that the individual points and triangles are visible.  This will then create a proper .dxf file which can be read by the third party machine control and guidance software. 

I am not sure why this makes a difference, but apparently the export processes the file differently when the surface is rotated from 2d to 3d.  No specific orientation is needed in 3d, it just can not be in a 2d top down view when the export process is occurring.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report