Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land XML Report Bearing Format

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
djschwarz
1028 Views, 2 Replies

Land XML Report Bearing Format

I am trying to find where the formatting is for the General Legal Description bearings.  I am currently getting an output of NORTH 00° 12' 33" EAST, but would like to eliminate the spaces in the DMS: NORTH 00°12'33" EAST.  This is also the case with the delta angle for curves.  When I run the Metes and Bounds report, the bearings appear without the spaces.  I think that I have changed it before, but I have switched employers since editing the files. 

Thanks, Doug

Civil 3D 2012

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
donnie84
in reply to: djschwarz

C3D makes it incredibly difficult to edit any of the settings in the General Legal Description. It takes a little coding knowledge to edit the settings. Look for the XSL file located at:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2012\enu\Data\Reports\xsl.

I believe the xsl file is name Number Formatting.xsl is the correct file to use. Open and Search for the string the has

var dirStr = FormatDirectionWithUnit(adjDir , precisionStr, roundingStr, unit);
return northLabel +" " + dirStr + " " + eastLabel;

Take the space out between the quotes " " should equal "". Do this to all that applies. This should fix the problem, but there is likely more to come with General Legal description. Every little tweak should be done carefully. Make Sure to backup all files in the XSL folder before editing them, one wrong character could make the code invalid. Also C3D General Legal script does not work with any IE beyond 10. Chrome and Firefox does not support the script either.  The coders at Autodesk addressed the problem, but stated they have no interest in fixing the problem at this time. 

Hope this helps and Good Luck!

Message 3 of 3
djschwarz
in reply to: donnie84

That was part  of the problem,  Thanks for the info.  After removing the space inside the quotes, it also removed the space between the North and the East in the bearing output.  I changed the format in the Legal Description_Layout. xsl to add a space after North and South and a space preceding East and West. 

function SetDirectionType(type)
{
 dirType = type;
 if(type == "N deg min sec E")
 {
  SetNorthLabel("N ");
  SetSouthLabel("S ");
  SetEastLabel(" E");
  SetWestLabel(" W");
  dirType = "Bearing";
 }
 else if(type == "North deg min sec East")
 {
  SetNorthLabel("North ");
  SetSouthLabel("South ");
  SetEastLabel(" East");
  SetWestLabel(" West");
  dirType = "Bearing";
 }
 return type;
}

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report