Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lagging when makes changes to corridor

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
DimitarPavlov
335 Views, 7 Replies

Lagging when makes changes to corridor

Civil 3D 2014 lagging extremly when making some changes on corrdior - when makes new regions, when updating - always.

The Civil is not using all the RAM, there is free CPU - video is nVidia

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
wfberry
in reply to: DimitarPavlov

I believe more information is needed.  More info on your specs, etc.  Size of drawing?  

Check out my info below.

Bill

Windows 7 x 64 Professional
Nvidia GeForce 9800 & 8500
12 GB Ram
i7 965 @ 3.20 GHz
Corsair Force 240 GB SSD
Infrastructure Suite 2014 Premium SP1

Message 3 of 8
DimitarPavlov
in reply to: wfberry

Hello,
I am using laptop - i5 2,4 GHz - 6GB AM - Windows 7 64 bit - nVidia GeForce GT 525M
The file size is 22MB
The corridor is 5km long - around 3mi

Message 4 of 8
wfberry

Perhaps someone else will chime in here.  I know you think you have enough RAM but only 6 GM of Ram and Windows 7 x 64 and C3D 2014 leads me to believe that you do not.  22 MB file and a 3 mile corridor is very computer intensive.

Also, check the speed of your hard drive on your laptop, normally they are somewhat slow unless you have an SSD (Solid State Drive).  If your laptop has a light that blinks when the hard drive is running, this will tell if the program is using the hard drive when RAM is low.

Also, run the STATUS command in C3D and look on the last 3 or 4 lines of text, this may give you some other ideas.

Bill

Message 5 of 8
DimitarPavlov
in reply to: wfberry

Thanks Bill,
I do not think is the RAM because the max usage for C3D I have seen is 1,4MB - and have around 2- 2,5 free.
Maybe is the video card - I try to off all the windows visual extras, but it is still lagging.

Maybe I have to live with it. These days I will try C3D 2010 - 2011 - to see how they perform.
Message 6 of 8
Joe-Bouza

Hi
You might try turning off rebuild auto, and hide regions that you are not currently workin in. hope that helps its just a guess from me
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 7 of 8
DimitarPavlov
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Thanks for the idea Joe,
Hiding regions that I am not working on makes the problem little bit better. I really have a lot of regions and for sure they overload the system.

Message 8 of 8
Joe-Bouza

I'm not in front of C3d now but I think you can isolate and show all regions by right clicking the corridor. not sure if you are aware of that. And turn the auto rebuild off. I might be repeating myself.
good luck
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report